Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2020 10:52:51 AM EDT
I'm looking for a gunsmith shop in Colorado Springs.

Gary Schmitt built an elk rifle in the late 90's for me. Gary is gone now (RIP), but I'd like to find whoever continued with his business to see if they might have some hard-to-find sling swivels like he installed back then... get them to check the old parts bin and search for 3 of the Pachmayr flush mount swivels.  They're worth a premium to me to replace the ones lost in woods on the original sling.

Anybody else have some of these old swivels? I'd pay a pretty price for 3 of them for a new Ching sling!

ETA: Found what I needed. Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know if this may help.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You might give Hickman Rifles a try:

https://hickmanrifles.com/

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info about Gary's shop. I appreciate the help and will contact Hickman's.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what it might mean that the two mentioned were/are just a block from each other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually have the installation jug in my basement somewhere but only a couple of the sockets and they are earmarked for a project.

If you find any I’ll loan ya the installation jig.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might give Hickman Rifles a try:

https://hickmanrifles.com/

View Quote

I sent Hickman a note this AM asking to buy or trade for 1 swivel to complete the 3 loop set I need for a Ching sling. I found 2 sets NIB on EBay recently,  and just need the swivel loops, so I can trade the bases.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks. Will do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top