Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2022 1:18:27 PM EDT
I'm in need of a new homeowners insurance company. Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly (I'm dropping USAA).

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been with State Farm for 20 years, just added my auto policy to State Farm and got an immediate $500 (over a 25% discount) off on my home policy. My auto insurance went from $1277 every six months to $660 or so. I had been with GEICO for over 30 years and my rates just kept going up despite a clean driving record.

I don't really care for State Farm but the savings was too good to pass up.

Our local office seems to have some good folks so I'm not too worried about getting screwed over.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I just switched from Progressive to State Farm for both auto and home. Auto rates were about $30/mo lower for the same coverages. Home was about the same per year but for more coverage and lower deductibles. Their commercials are obnoxious but the local agent was easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Florida and insurance do not mix well.  Make sure you have a satisfactory deal for new coverage before you notify your current carrier you are cancelling.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I went from UP&C (a company you should avoid) to State Farm, a few hundred more, a few better benefits, they may actually pay.

My main reason is that Progressive was jacking my auto insurance up to silly levels, so I save a few hundred on that by putting everything with SF.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My options were basically Citizens and Kin.... I went with Kin.

I would try two or three independent insurance agents local to you, and see what they come up with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top