Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2019 12:50:25 PM EDT
On Thursday, FL Carry members decided to give a nice "We Will Not Be Silenced" to the Authoritarians like Bill Galvano, Jose Oliva, and Nikki Fried by doing a quick impromptu open carry stroll through the FL State Capitol. Open Carry has never been done there. Capitol Police told them they couldn't. Eric Friday (their attorney) and FL Carry members asked where in the law it says they can't. Capitol Police backed down since there is nothing in the law that says they can't.

Strolling through Downtown Tallahassee.

Leaving Tallahassee City Hall.

Walking through the Capitol Courtyard.

Front of the Old State Capitol Building.

Paying respect to the FL Vietnam War Memorial and Pledging Allegiance to the Flag. FL Capitol in the background.

Successful fishing trip.

April 6 in Ocala is their big event. They plan on 300 members attending.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Crap, wish I could have been there to join you all.
I would have been rocking a Garand, just to reminded them of when we fought against fascists.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If your going to attempt to be the face of gun owners interested in constitutional carry them please practice safe firearms handling. The guy with the FDE Magpul stock set has his muzzle pointed  right at the other guy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your going to attempt to be the face of gun owners interested in constitutional carry them please practice safe firearms handling. The guy with the FDE Magpul stock set has his muzzle pointed  right at the other guy.
View Quote
Lol. It’s on a sling.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I get what they are doing, but it’s just going to end up with that law getting changed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I get what they are doing, but it’s just going to end up with that law getting changed.
View Quote
I agree its unfortunate that I do but that is the reality. I do however agree we must go on the offensive.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree its unfortunate that I do but that is the reality. I do however agree we must go on the offensive.
View Quote
100,000 AR15s open carried at the capitol would be a nice start. I wish we could organize. Maybe if we had some rich donors and gave away 22lr...
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Truly, beer bellies and slung AR's in a "group" consisting of half a dozen is not gonna get either favorable press or change  legislative minds..................there are ways to demonstrate and ways not to......this was one of the latter and precisely the sort of stuff that will get turned on it's head and used against us.

I have said it before and I repeat here that what we truly need in Florida is an organization similar in structure to the Virginia's Citizen's Defense Leagues.................we have damn little if any NRA representation as we all know, and if that skeletal structure known as Florida Carry had any real sense of purpose it would lean strongly thataway!

Sure, Friday has done us proud......but one attorney and no legislative team add up to one attorney, and  that is exactly what we have.

I'd ask every single one of you that support the issues that we've lost on to just go to the CalGuns site, just glean the mindset that's developed there as that all controlling leftest and anti gun aegenda have gained more steam and laws..............fella's THAT is us if the tides don't change!
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It was small but it was done.  Thanks guys for doing this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

100,000 AR15s open carried at the capitol would be a nice start. I wish we could organize. Maybe if we had some rich donors and gave away 22lr...
View Quote
Completely agree, they think we can be pushed over because they don't see us as being well organized. 100,000 ARs would send a nice message! Maybe then we'll get constitutional carry passed here too. 17 States have now passed it.
If you were to believe gun control advocates there should be a blood bath in those 17 States right now with those residents carrying those scary guns!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7,000 Floridians can go to a gun show, but not show up to the Capitol for a rally.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Big balls.

Those guys have them!

Nice job.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
7,000 Floridians can go to a gun show, but not show up to the Capitol for a rally.
View Quote
Muh principles.....

I learned long ago...50 dudes will talk big..till its time to train....25 will show up
.10 make it past week 2, and come FO time....2 show up.

Insert your sport,game,event of choice.

Problem is when that 2 act.......the rest will eat them alive.

Even in this thread..beer guts, muzzle sweeping.

I didnt get the memo only 20 yr old 145lb dudes could exercise thier rights.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
No shit.

Then when a few do something, some people take the time to bash the participants or the participants actions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I learned long ago...50 dudes will talk big..till its time to train....25 will show up
View Quote
You're being kind.

As many of you know I run a training gig on the side, sure I'm no household name, but I give damn good training at a price no one can beat. I get lots of e-mails asking for classes... ok, I schedule a class... crickets. Or the day before the class, I get last-second cancellations because "something came up".

Case in point... I've been asked over and over again to do a Shotgun class... ok, I just scheduled one a few weeks ago... I have a whopping TWO that have signed up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You're being kind.

As many of you know I run a training gig on the side, sure I'm no household name, but I give damn good training at a price no one can beat. I get lots of e-mails asking for classes... ok, I schedule a class... crickets. Or the day before the class, I get last-second cancellations because "something came up".

Case in point... I've been asked over and over again to do a Shotgun class... ok, I just scheduled one a few weeks ago... I have a whopping TWO that have signed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're being kind.

That sucks
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Truly, beer bellies and slung AR's in a "group" consisting of half a dozen is not gonna get either favorable press or change  legislative minds..................there are ways to demonstrate and ways not to......this was one of the latter and precisely the sort of stuff that will get turned on it's head and used against us.

I have said it before and I repeat here that what we truly need in Florida is an organization similar in structure to the Virginia's Citizen's Defense Leagues.................we have damn little if any NRA representation as we all know, and if that skeletal structure known as Florida Carry had any real sense of purpose it would lean strongly thataway!

Sure, Friday has done us proud......but one attorney and no legislative team add up to one attorney, and  that is exactly what we have.

I'd ask every single one of you that support the issues that we've lost on to just go to the CalGuns site, just glean the mindset that's developed there as that all controlling leftest and anti gun aegenda have gained more steam and laws..............fella's THAT is us if the tides don't change!
View Quote
In the deer hunting thread you said "if it's legal it ought to be unquestioned" when discussing hunters that run dogs.

Why is your opinion different on this matter?

I'm glad those people did what they did and wish we could get hundreds or thousands more to show up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wrong. They can, and they would, if there was a call to action from the NRA. If the NRA turned their fundraising phone calls, mailers and advertising to a call to action event at the capital I bet tens of thousands of people would show. That's what the liberal groups do - they go out and find people to show - even if they have to pay them.

The problem is that 99% of Florida gun owners don't know about this legislation and won't show because they don't have anything to show up to.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're being kind.

View Quote
When ya doing a force on force SUT style course in the woods

I feel ya. I used to host campouts and hikes in the survival forum......turn outs werent bad but once weather..etc came into play....numbers dropped fast.

Our side needs to think off the square range...in order to fight imho.
Stocking 1k pmags or 40$ lowers as a hedge for a ban aint gonna help....
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#19]
duplicate
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you to the 7 Patriots who participated

We NEED a well planned, organized and scheduled event that will bring hundreds out to do the same thing (with or without OC).

To Florida Carry or anybody else that can take on this effort, I am pledging $1,000 right now to help procure buses or organize carpools for such an event.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank you to the 7 Patriots who participated

We NEED a well planned, organized and scheduled event that will bring hundreds out to do the same thing (with or without OC).

To Florida Carry or anybody else that can take on this effort, I am pledging $1,000 right now to help procure buses or organize carpools for such an event.
View Quote
I can forward that info to FL Carry.

They have an event planned for April 6 in Ocala. That is their "big event". They plan on 300 to 500 showing up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They have an event planned for April 6 in Ocala. That is their "big event". They plan on 300 to 500 showing up.
View Quote
Is there a link for information regarding this event? I can't find anything on the FL-Carry website (but I might not be looking hard enough)

That is less than a month away. We should make the event details a "thumbtack" in the FL-HTF.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is there a link for information regarding this event? I can't find anything on the FL-Carry website (but I might not be looking hard enough)

That is less than a month away. We should make the event details a "thumbtack" in the FL-HTF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facebook
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can anyone go or only members?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone can go
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish they would update the website, or at the very least blast out emails to the membership. I'm not on Facebook and i bet many members aren't. It sux that they rely solely on such an anti gun platform to promote the events and legislation. I joined this year after procrastination because i was always worried they didn't exist anymore due to the website being so old.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Sadly, We couldn't get big numbers to the rally in tally months ago. Shoot straight had buses organized and the turnout was only a few hundred people. Florida Carry, Florida III%, Florida Militia, and the Oath Keepers had members there. Having week end rally's when the Florida legislature isn't in session doesn't do much. We need to show up and protest during the week when our local politicians are there. Incidentally, the snowflakes didn't have the nerve to protest us. A few showed up when 90% of us already left.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#29]
The ones who did show up were Florida Carry Region Leads. It is very disheartening to plan these things, advertise them to our group, have hundreds respond they are going and then have no one show up... This is not how we Restore, Protect, and Preserve our 2nd Amendment folks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top