Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2020 3:14:42 PM EDT
After nearly a year on the road I get to come to Dayton. I bought a handgun from a FFL in NC a few months ago and need to get it.

Where is a good place in the Dayton to have the gun shipped?

Is there any place to shoot it once I get it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're South of Dayton, Dad's Gun Store or Ray at the Shootin' Shack do $10 transfers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're South of Dayton, Dad's Gun Store or Ray at the Shootin' Shack do $10 transfers.
View Quote

Just transferred at Dads Gun Store
-- about 10 miles south of Centerville
-- Currently charging $20 plus tax
-- Process was easy no issues
-- Recommend if you are south

For North I have used NFA in Fairborn in the past (new ownership) -- not sure on FFL transfers now though

Oakley Arms in fairborn -- heard good things but have not used

UK
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been a few months since I've been to Dad's, apparently they've increased their fee. Last time I was at NFA Fairborn it was $5, but it's been even longer since I was there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good. Thanks!

I don't mind driving a little further to support good people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Give Ray a call. He's good people, does this from his home.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Give Ray a call. He's good people, does this from his home.
View Quote

This.....Ray is a good man
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is!
Is Ray still on road a lot? I used to transfer thru Ray but he was on road a lot, I switched to Dad's while they are closer and Dad's ships (for handguns). Ray did not ship out to FFL. Now Dad's raises price on FFL transfers and charge $30 + shipping, any FFLs in Dayton area do shipping with a cheaper FFL fee? By the way, NFA only transfers for CCW holders for now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He is!
Is Ray still on road a lot? I used to transfer thru Ray but he was on road a lot, I switched to Dad's while they are closer and Dad's ships (for handguns). Ray did not ship out to FFL. Now Dad's raises price on FFL transfers and charge $30 + shipping, any FFLs in Dayton area do shipping with a cheaper FFL fee? By the way, NFA only transfers for CCW holders for now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is!

Ray is home now and off the road......he’s had a couple of health issues but still going strong just not traveling any longer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to see Ray today. Great guy! Thanks for the referral.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did the killer pomeranian try to sit on your lap?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Did the killer pomeranian try to sit on your lap?
View Quote

No LOL

He was well behaved.

Apparently he had chewed on a rubber glove earlier and still remembered the admonishing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome I was in to see him last Friday to pickup a LaRue lower.....the first words out of his mouth  “now what are you building”
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top