Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2023 10:28:59 AM EDT
Where or how does one go about getting their fingerprint card filled out here in Michigan in order to file a form 1 with the ATF?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#1]
silencershop.com has all the instructions handy.

Utilize one of their kiosk's at any of the locations in Michigan (Gerbrand Defense, Williams Gun Sight...couple off the top of my head in S.E. Michigan).

Otherwise, you'll have to visit your local PD and have them manual take your prints, which you will then mail off to the ATF with the required paperwork and photo's.

I've done it both ways, the kiosk is definitely the way to go if you plan to pick up more can's at a later date.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
For my Form 1s I just ordered multiple copies of the finger print cards from the ATF. It's free and they will ship them to you. I just had to get an ink pad. Depending on the day, I will only have to throw 1 card away from messing up prints. I've had bad days where I go through seven cards just to get the two good ones.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Get digital fingerprint cards eft's from your local dealer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I DIY.

the cards are free from the gov and I bought a ink pad from Amazon.

That said. Long term an EFT file would be easier and cheaper.

$10 priority mail to send prints and ink pad cost

you could just send them first class but then you have no tracking to know is they got there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top