Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 3/28/2021 7:03:23 PM EDT
I live in Peoria and am thinking about having a patio type roof built over my front porch .
It will be 12x12 ish extending from the roof slope .

Is there anybody here thats does this sort of thing
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:51:57 PM EDT
Find someone that knows what they are doing, most of the extensions I see wouldn't pass code.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:50:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Rocklock:
I live in Peoria and am thinking about having a patio type roof built over my front porch .
It will be 12x12 ish extending from the roof slope .

Is there anybody here thats does this sort of thing
View Quote

At today's pricing, just get a RV powered awning and bolt it to the house until people start foreclosing again and materials are reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:32:53 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dark_Rider:

At today's pricing, just get a RV powered awning and bolt it to the house until people start foreclosing again and materials are reasonable.
View Quote

lol, no kidding.  I think 2x4x8 are now $6, that is what I see online at HD.  Maybe that is one step up from cheapest, but even that was $3.29 a year ago.

Stacked 7 layers high between the wheel wells of a full size pickup.  It would cost about $550 (pretax), for 10.5" stack of wood.  Imagine telling someone 20 years ago that a 10.5" stack of 2x4s in the back of a pickup would cost the same as a giant TV at Costco.  They would think you were nuts.

Top Top