Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2021 10:26:11 AM EDT
Realized it would be a nice evening so I headed out to see if I could get a coyote or two. As I got to my first field the hogs were already out and about. Really wasn't interested in hogs but this one hung around while I got set up so after watching him for a while I decided to shoot him... nice cutters. He was about 75 yards out.

After calling a while I had this Bobcat come in, I usually don't shoot Bobcats but I've seen quite a few lately so I figured thinning out one or two was in order.

After changing up the sounds I spotted this coyote about 200 yards out working towards my position. She circled wide and went behind a small grown up area and popped out at about 125 yards. She was interested in the caller but barely... she kept moving left to right and I figured she wasn't coming any closer so a short whistle got her to stop, she did so facing me... I hate face-on shots at distance. A careful shot and she flopped over DRT. This is the forth blackish/white coyote I've killed in this general area over the past two years. There's certainly something in the gene pool with the coyotes in this area. I've posted other pics before.

I then loaded up and moved to another location that usually produces. After seeing a couple yotes at distance, this one circled around the woodline I was backed up into and she crossed in front of me at about 100 yards. She was at a fast trot and a few short whistles got her to stop... bad mistake.

All in all a great night to be out in the woods.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool. Great shooting!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a good night
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta be a German Shepard.

(Just kidding but,...)
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a very good night.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
German Shep/Husky looking thing, not the typical color that's for sure.  Your going to need to make this more challenging, scopes not allowed from here on out. lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
That is an awesome action packed night!

Always enjoy you posts.

The black and white one is really cool looking.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I want a B/W coyote!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like you shot someone's dog that was running loose or was turned loose.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like you shot someone's dog that was running loose or was turned loose.
View Quote

Sure does... it's number four of it'skind in the past two years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top