Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2023 7:02:24 PM EDT
My neighbor's house has been listed by a local realtor as bank owned. It's been like that for a month or so. Yesterday I saw a constable there and it looked like he was serving them. How long will they have left in their home, assuming they don't contest the eviction?  They've had the home for about 11 years. I'm shocked they didn't sell after the dude lost his job because of Covid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Brazoria county took several years of jacking around before my old neighbor got papers served. They moved out with in about 2 weeks after getting the papers and they destroyed the house before they left.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
30-90 days, depending if there is a forcible detanor  put in place.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks gentlemen. I ask this because a coworker is interested in the property. It's really a damn shame they didn't sell as soon as the guy lost his gig. They would have had at least $200k in equity even if their original loan balance hadn't gone down. But you never know what their situation is/was.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm shocked they didn't sell after the dude lost his job because of Covid.
View Quote

There was a moratorium on evictions during much of the Covid period. Landlords got screwed and in many cases received no rent, couldn't evict, but still had to make repairs and pay property taxes.

https://ipropertymanagement.com/laws/texas-eviction-process

The final notice served will be a 24 hour notice by the Constable.  That one is no joke.  They will be back with a moving truck in 24 hours to remove everything and store at the resident's expense.  Fun to watch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top