Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2021 7:24:00 AM EDT
At 12:30 pm today  NYC Mayoral candidate Eric Adams will call for new measures (gun control) to reduce gun violence to address the city's growing gun violence epidemic, 4th Avenue and St. Marks Place, Brooklyn.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It's funny how they're always "calling for"  or promising to do something that's not in their ability to actually do....The FACT that guns are all but illegal to all but those with a Badge or Elite stats in NYC is seemingly never reviled, even bordering States deny sales, but it's the fault of others in other States that criminals illegally obtain illegal guns to bring illegally into NYC where they're illegal only to be used in felonious crimes....We are sofa-king-wee-todd-did.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
He’s a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
"But I promise! Just one more law and everyone will be SAFE. Purple unicorns will be f_arting rainbows everywhere! Trust me!"

It has gotten so old that I just do not care any more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Presenting a false threat and offering to solve it is racketeering.  When we start prosecuting politicians this will stop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Believe it or not, in NY Daily news Eric Adams stated "Assault rifles are not the problem, handguns are."  Probably in the paper around August of 2019.

I was so shocked when I read it that I took pictures of the article.  Trust me, I am NOT in any way endorsing him, just saying he may be salvageable.

Bill

See article here: https://i.imgur.com/vjI3J9y.jpg

And here: https://i.imgur.com/GYmpioo.jpg

Imgur post here: https://imgur.com/gallery/32gXcpo
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The local TV news has been all ablaze about the 50 or so shootings this past weekend. It is still being called an issue with guns. No mention at all made of the predictions in 2020 that this would happen with "Bail Reform" and "Police Reform". Nasty people who really needed to be locked up are not being locked up and police units who targeted gun crimes were disbanded only to see an immediate surge. I am surprised the legislature has not doubled down on even more "Bail Reform", emptying the prisons and eliminating the NYPD just to prove it is really a gun issue and not a people issue
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone get a recording of this farce?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He’s a piece of shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He’s a piece of shit.

And has been for decades.

Quoted:
Believe it or not, in NY Daily news Eric Adams stated "Assault rifles are not the problem, handguns are."  Probably in the paper around August of 2019.

I was so shocked when I read it that I took pictures of the article.  Trust me, I am NOT in any way endorsing him, just saying he may be salvageable.

Eric Adams says a lot of things.

“This long-overdue vote adds important new safeguards to prevent the purchase of the most dangerous firearms, and increases penalties for those individuals who would use them to harm others, or facilitate the acquisition of a weapon used in the commission of a crime.  I am proud to have personally introduced much of the legislation that led to this agreement, and to have worked alongside my fellow Brooklynites to push Albany for a stricter assault weapons ban, restrictions on high-capacity magazines and for other common sense gun laws."

“This past summer, I went undercover and purchased, just blocks outside our city, high-capacity clips for the same assault rifle used in the Newtown massacre.  That inspired me to push harder for common sense gun control.” - Eric Adams

He's also said he won't have a protective detail if elected because he carries a gun. I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He's also said he won't have a protective detail if elected because he carries a gun. I'll believe it when I see it.
View Quote
Tucker Carlson did a lengthy review of Eric Adams last night. Apparently he is surging past Andrew Yang in the polls. Tucker played the interview where Adams stated he would carry a gun. Of course being ex-NYPD, getting that permit for NYC is relatively easy. The sheep that elect him are not eligible. He certainly talks the talk but like any other politician, as soon as he gets himself elected to the office, he will revert to the same old BS. Kind of has me thinking he would be another David Dinkins.

However, I seriously doubt it would come to pass. First, the officers assigned to the protective detail are not going to want to give up those lucrative positions. He will definitely be taken into a back room in order to have the "facts" explained to him. Second, they will make sure he is well aware that it is their job to be armed and not his. I recall De Blasio criticized Bloomberg for zipping around the city in SUV's with huge entourages. Said he would not. Lasted all of about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Conservative" NY Post had an editorial today backing Adams
View Quote
The same "Conservative" Post that had an editorial calling for a ban on MSR's and more gun control

IMHO, the endorsement does not necessarily mean they endorse him for mayor in the eventual two-way race. It is the primary, though these days whomever wins a Democrat primary in the city is basically a shoe-in for the job (AOC won her primary and was basically declared the new congresswoman well before the November election). There is still the Republican side to be heard from. Once September rolls around and the dust has settled, it will be interesting to see their endorsement between the two choices.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tucker Carlson did a lengthy review of Eric Adams last night. Apparently he is surging past Andrew Yang in the polls. Tucker played the interview where Adams stated he would carry a gun. Of course being ex-NYPD, getting that permit for NYC is relatively easy. The sheep that elect him are not eligible. He certainly talks the talk but like any other politician, as soon as he gets himself elected to the office, he will revert to the same old BS. Kind of has me thinking he would be another David Dinkins.
View Quote

I like how he keeps talking about how he's going to bring back Anti-Crime units. He does know that they've been back, just with a new name, since August, right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IMHO, the endorsement does not necessarily mean they endorse him for mayor in the eventual two-way race.
View Quote

They endorsed him for mayor, not just the primary.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/10/the-post-says-eric-adams-should-be-nyc's-next-mayor
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I missed that. Figured it was just the primary.

The New York Times has endorsed Kathryn Garcia (to which I said "who?"): https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/10/opinion/kathryn-garcia-nyt-endorsement-nyc-mayor.html
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He’s a piece of shit the next Mayor of NYC.
View Quote

Yes, he is a piece of shit.  So is DeBlasio.  But it's going to be Mr. Mayor POS.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes, he is a piece of shit.  So is DeBlasio.  But it's going to be Mr. Mayor POS.
View Quote

I should have gotten a pic the day I went into the 88 and he was asleep at the desk with his feet up with no shoes on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I should have gotten a pic the day I went into the 88 and he was asleep at the desk with his feet up with no shoes on.
View Quote
In which case we would probably be extolling the virtues of the late great @Extorris
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"But I promise! Just one more law and everyone will be SAFE. Purple unicorns will be f_arting rainbows everywhere! Trust me!"

It has gotten so old that I just do not care any more.
View Quote

When it fails hang him instead in the public square along with rest of the left.. Set the correct example.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I always wondered about the racist frateral organization "100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care"  (To those of you unaware, no I am not making this up, and Eric Adams was a co-founder).  So I guess it's safe to assume that the rest of them don't give a shit?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I always wondered about the racist frateral organization "100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care"  (To those of you unaware, no I am not making this up, and Eric Adams was a co-founder).  So I guess it's safe to assume that the rest of them don't give a shit?
View Quote

The other co-founder was a Sgt in my precinct.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I missed that. Figured it was just the primary.
View Quote

They repeated it today after last night's debate.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/14/the-choice-for-next-nyc-mayor-is-clearer-than-ever
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do the 100 care about?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never did figure that out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I always wondered about the racist frateral organization "100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care"
View Quote
What about the Congressional Black Caucus? Or the Congressional Caucus for Women's Issues? Congressional Hispanic Caucus? There are a myriad of congressional caucuses with just these three I noted. But if you created one dedicated to males of European descent, you would be in a $#!tload of trouble.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they have Mumia Abu Jamal on the "Suggested Readings" list on their website so....
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

... Mumia Abu Jamal ...
View Quote
Like in "Mumbo Jumbo" ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top