Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2018 11:49:00 PM EDT
Good evening all!

I am two weeks out from my relocation from Illinois to the Phoenix area. I was transferred for work so my job is all lined up.  My wife had a strong lead on a new job but it fell through today.  I was curious if there are any civil engineers out there who may know of any oppurtunities.

My wife has BS/MS in Civil Engineering with a specialization in traffic engineering. She has over 10 years of experience in various roadway and intersection planning and design projects.

Any thoughts or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Dan, I believe there is a firm in my office building. Ill chat them up and see if they are doing any hiring.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not know anything specifically in that area, but you may want to check for openings for all of the cities in the Phoenix metropolitan area as well as for ADOT and Maricopa county.  Here is a URL to search for ADOT jobs: State.  I know government jobs do not usually pay as well, but it is a start.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Talked to the company in our building. They are going to see if they can get me a couple of solid leads.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. We don't close till October 17th so we have a little bit of time, she's been applying to a bunch on LinkedIn.

Really looking forward to getting out of this garbage state.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. We don't close till October 17th so we have a little bit of time, she's been applying to a bunch on LinkedIn.

View Quote
Which end of town are you planning to live on?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are under contract on a house in north glendal near where the 101 turns from north-south to east-west.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We are under contract on a house in north glendal near where the 101 turns from north-south to east-west.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good deal. I think Im about 75 miles SE of that! Ill shoot you an IM on what I get back next week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I've sent up a signal flare to a Civil who used to live in Phoenix, I'll let you know what I hear.

May be a week or so; she's currently in NC and she's been deployed as part of the Hurricane Response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top