Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 7:17:21 PM EDT
It looks like work is gonna send me into your state for a quick errand in the near future. I know that evil, icky things like unregistered handguns, ammunition, and such are enough to bring the Police State down on my stupid ass. What about an empty holster (concealed) on the belt? No gun, magazines, or ammo.

I can't carry while working, so I leave my EDC G19 in a vault in my locked car. But taking the holster off of the belt to leave with it is a pain in the ass. Am I courting jail time or legal entanglements if I just leave it on, as usual?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't wear it, also sanitize the vehicle, you can't have so much as a spent casing in this state without a license.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't wear it, also sanitize the vehicle, you can't have so much as a spent casing in this state without a license.
View Quote
Yeah, I came to that conclusion independently, shortly after I asked the question.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my retarded question. Sorry you and the other law-abiding folks down there have to live with such bullshit restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Am I correct in assuming that on your trip into Mass the gun is not entering the state even in a locked vault in the vehicle.  I am I Texas with a brother in Mass and I will not drive up to visit, though it would be a fun road trip.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Am I correct in assuming that on your trip into Mass the gun is not entering the state even in a locked vault in the vehicle.  I am I Texas with a brother in Mass and I will not drive up to visit, though it would be a fun road trip.
View Quote
@wallym777

You are correct, sir. The gun and spare mags would've stayed in a locked vault, in my locked personal vehicle, IN VERMONT. The only thing that would've entered MA would be an empty, leather holster. That, only because it's a pain to take it off my belt without my pants departing for points south, and I'm lazy. There's no spent cases, etc. in the Company's vehicle.

It's an intellectual exercise at this point. I dropped the leather in the console, gun in the vault, locked the car, and went. I was only in MA for about 90 minutes. Did the needful and left.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad it went well.

My favorite part of visiting MA is when I leave!
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Glad it went well.

My favorite part of visiting MA is when I leave!
View Quote
Yup. That, and the OT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top