Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2018 1:26:51 PM EDT
Anyone know anything about the guy that petitioned on the ballot for Solicitor 5th Circuit, John Meadors? No party affiliation listed and the only other person running is a democrat.

What are you all thinking on appointed instead of elected superintendent of education? I'm inclined to vote in favor of the governor appointment.

Also, Richland School District 2 is requesting the power to issue $468,406,000 in bonds in a ballot referendum. The school board approved the measure to go to a ballot referendum on a 6-1 vote, the only holdout voted against it was because it didn't include $20,000,000 more to construct an aquatic center.
Fuck I hope those don't pass.

What is going on with you?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering that I am voting for Mac and Norman, most of my support will be R.

Kershaw County will be getting Lee Boan and I am happy about that. I never have liked Matthews since he came out swinging at "my" sheriff McCaskill.

Meadors is against a D, so even if he is Mickey Mouse, I will vote for him. I remember him from somewhere else, but can't remember where, but I think he is supposed to be Ok.

I will most likely be posting one D vote for Laurie Slade Funderburk. She is about the only D I know with their head screwed on straight. She has spoke at a couple of NRA banquets I went to. I am not even sure if anyone is running against her. If someone knows better about her voting record, I can be swayed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering that I am voting for Mac and Norman, most of my support will be R.

Kershaw County will be getting Lee Boan and I am happy about that. I never have liked Matthews since he came out swinging at "my" sheriff McCaskill.

Meadors is against a D, so even if he is Mickey Mouse, I will vote for him. I remember him from somewhere else, but can't remember where, but I think he is supposed to be Ok.

I will most likely be posting one D vote for Laurie Slade Funderburk. She is about the only D I know with their head screwed on straight. She has spoke at a couple of NRA banquets I went to. I am not even sure if anyone is running against her. If someone knows better about her voting record, I can be swayed.
View Quote
That is pretty much where I am at with Meadors, but I just wanted to make sure he wasn't even harder left than the dem and running independent of party like a Bernie Sanders.

Funderburk voted against the constitutional carry bill, H.3930, that we were trying to pass in 2017. It still passed the house and got tied up in the senate, but she opposed it.
Attachment Attached File

The NRA gives her a B- score, and there is a republican running.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting on Funderburk.

I did not know that.

However, I know absolutely nothing about Penry. So... I have no frickin idea which to choose
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not even know Penry was female.

Here is her website. Judge for yourself

Penry for Seat 52

Read thru it a bit.

Very hard to tell where she really stands on 2A issues, but I noticed two items that stick out like a sore thumb:
-Parents of Murdered Children
-Faith Coalition on Gun Violence

I don't know what these two things really are, but they both absolutely reek of liberal lean.
POMC's vision statement is straight out "feels". FCGV ain't no better.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did not even know Penry was female.

Here is her website. Judge for yourself

Penry for Seat 52
View Quote
Hmm she seems squishy, probably still better than a dem though. I have no say though, not my district.

My state house district election is between Ivory Thigpen (Dem) and Victor Kocher (Libertarian). Doubt Kocher has a chance, but that is who I am voting for.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have spoke with Funderburk before and she seemed quite real as a gun owner(albeit a likely Fudd).  I think she is somewhat pressured into voting D because of her choice to be a Dem, but the above voting record does not really seem to support that. Her family goes way back in Kershaw County and would definitely be left leaning.

I was at USC about the time Penry was there. She just looks like the sorority girl that I love to hate because she was too good to party with a lowly guy like me.
Lots of stuff for recognition and nothing to show that she really is a conservative.

She is absolutely correct that Funderburk has made it in a generally Republican district for a long time for no other reason than being unopposed.  Leaves an awful lot of room for a RINO to make things worse.

Hmmm, which devil do you choose... the one you know or don't???
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to vote in my precinct, same county as D16, This was at 10:30 am, and there were 2 dozen people ahead of the wife and I. Usually at 10:30 we can just breeze right through with zero to three or four people ahead of us. Something is up, people are highly motivated in this solidly R district.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I went at around noon, dem district, probably about a dozen people in line in front of me. I don't think I've ever waited before.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I was in line for 1 hour 40 minutes this morning--at 0830.  Line was longer when poles opened, and it was the same length as when I started when I left.  HUGE turnout.

James Island--the church polling site on Camp Road.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#11]
How the fuck did Katie lose to joe , district is mainly republicans
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Charleston County.  Thats why.  Too many Ohio Demi rats around here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I had no wait to vote at 6:00.

Was shocked to wake up and see our district turned blue and Katie lost.

In my opinion she focused too much on calling Joe a liberal Democrat and not enough on the issues.

Combine that with the influx of Northern Democrats, big PAC money and the district was lost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top