Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2022 9:34:30 AM EDT
My MIL has dementia, and she refused to do a will or any kind of long term planning while she was able.

Recently she fell and broke her hip, and is in a rehab place right now. The fall seemed to have made the dementia much worse. She doesn't even recognize us now. Once she is done with rehab, she will need to go to somewhere with 24/7 care. We're going to need help figuring out that best way to finance that with her retirement income and  assets. Obviously we will need access to them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I went through this with my Mom but we were able to convince her to give me power of attorney before her mind went. Are there any siblings or is it just your wife? Is the FIL still alive?
View Quote

No FIL in the picture, but my wife has a brother. They are cooperating reasonably well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top