Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2023 6:32:08 PM EDT
Going camping in a few weeks (after Memorial day) and working my way from DFW to Fayetteville. Besides Beavers Bend, any good camping with views, cool breezes or both?

Robbers Cave looked cool. We will be in a roof top tent and a ground tent so we prefer primitive pull in camping.

We are gonna visit Beavers Bend on another trip unless that's really it out there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Robert’s cave is good. There are a couple of picnic spots with camping sites on skyline drive. The west side where it meets 271 has bathrooms. Kerr lake has several spots as does Eufalla.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
@sparkyD

Any suggestions on which campsite to get there at Robber's?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@sparkyD

Any suggestions on which campsite to get there at Robber's?
View Quote

I haven’t camped there in 30 years. If I remember correctly we camped south of the lake at rough it spot. If you are wanting to fish Long Lake between Heavener and Poteau has a private small lake with excellent fishing plus modern cabins. @rippr334

My daughter and her boyfriend are going to Arrowhead on Eufalla next weekend to kayak the back waters. Robers cave just offers more hiking. To tell the truth I always caught more fish out at Wilburton lake. It’s a small electric motor only lake. Good luck if you are interested in coming back I would explore other camping options while you visit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top