Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2020 3:36:11 PM EDT
With Phil Roe retiring, the TN's first Congressional District is an open seat this year.  Career politicians Rusty Crowe is running, along with former Kingsport Mayor John Clarke.

I'm tired of RINO's going to DC to represent me, but not actually fighting to protect the Constitution.  I hear people complain about how there isn't anyone worth voting for. So I decided to run for Congress.

I believe that others on the site feel the same frustration by Congress' lack of action during the first 2 years of the Trump administration.  And I hope I can earn your vote.

I'll be here to answer questions, and hopefully we can meet in person in the coming months.

If you want to look at my position on the issues, check out my website
www.jayadkinsforcongress.com
Link left cold
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Not my Congressional District, but I want to wish you all the luck in the world as you are right about the frustrations with RINO's.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Just sold our house in NY and are registering to vote in Bristol.

Anyone who rocks a BFL gets our vote.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Good on you. Wish I could vote for you, but I'm on the wrong end of the state.

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the 2nd but best of luck to you. ??
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Knoxville,  but would vote for an Arfcommer in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, for the encouragement.  I have a thread currently locked in Team, pending a review by Admins, so I'll keep this posting to a minimum until I hear from them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
With Phil Roe retiring, the TN's first Congressional District is an open seat this year.  Career politicians Rusty Crowe is running, along with former Kingsport Mayor John Clarke.

I'm tired of RINO's going to DC to represent me, but not actually fighting to protect the Constitution.  I hear people complain about how there isn't anyone worth voting for. So I decided to run for Congress.

I believe that others on the site feel the same frustration by Congress' lack of action during the first 2 years of the Trump administration.  And I hope I can earn your vote.

I'll be here to answer questions, and hopefully we can meet in person in the coming months.

If you want to look at my position on the issues, check out my website Http://www.jayadkinsforcongress.com
View Quote
I'm living in Carter County, and if you are running, let me know, and tell me your platform, and opinions, and I'll give it a consideration.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Beans or no beans?

JK, good luck
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm living in Carter County, and if you are running, let me know, and tell me your platform, and opinions, and I'll give it a consideration.
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you’re in my district. OST.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Not in my area, but I do hope you get elected!

You may want to put some pictures up on your site. Would help people identify you, and identify with you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not in my area, but I do hope you get elected!

You may want to put some pictures up on your site. Would help people identify you, and identify with you.
View Quote
Yes, the website is definitely a work in progress. I had pictures done this weekend, so I'll be adding more soon.  There is a lot more up on FB/Instagram
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I just reviewed your website.  You say the right things in your position statements.  I haven’t looked at the other candidates very closely yet, but anyone who can work successfully where your day job is can definitely navigate difficult waters.  I will review the other candidates but at this time I will go on record you are my choice to replace Dr Phil.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just reviewed your website.  You say the right things in your position statements.  I haven’t looked at the other candidates very closely yet, but anyone who can work successfully where your day job is can definitely navigate difficult waters.  I will review the other candidates but at this time I will go on record you are my choice to replace Dr Phil.
View Quote
Thanks for taking the time to look at my platform.  I'd love to earn your vote. Please feel free to reach out here or through email/social media and I'll gladly answer any questions.

If you are in the Tri-Cities area, I'm having a meet and greet at Brookshire's Gunwerks in Piney Flats on 3/28.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck.  I'll be voting in November.  We need someone good in there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good luck.  I'll be voting in November.  We need someone good in there.
View Quote
Please go vote in the primary on August 6.  I need primary votes to make it to the General in November.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
you got it.  I will spread the word.

After looking through your Facebook page, you got my vote.....

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
you got it.  I will spread the word.

After looking through your Facebook page, you got my vote.....

View Quote

Thanks for your support! Please share with your friends.  This virus is going to slow down my ability to meet folks in person so I need as much word of mouth and social media exposure as I can get.

For those who have asked about signs, my first batch of yard signs are ready and will be picked up this week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Got an small initial run of Fundraising magazines done. If anyone wants one we're asking for a minimum $20 donation if I can deliver in person, $25 shipped. Please IM me to make sure I have some if you don't want to wait for the 2nd round of mags.

Attachment Attached File

I hope those that have donated already understand that I can't retroactively send them out.  I just don't have enough, and I'm trying to continue to raise new funds.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought I had responded but maybe it was the team thread....

Not my district but might try and help on Facebook. Only posted on my home page or hit a like button and made comments, not a social media wizard by any means.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought I had responded but maybe it was the team thread....

Not my district but might try and help on Facebook. Only posted on my home page or hit a like button and made comments, not a social media wizard by any means.
View Quote

Like and share helps a lot. Thanks.

Also I've got my YouTube channel started for those interested.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChApRdofBdmJH_sMJO1180g
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]
The thread has been a little dead through the 'rona.  I apologize.  But I wanted the folks in the district to know something going on this weekend.

I'm sure most of you know that the VA has stopped the Boy Scouts from putting out flags at National Cemeteries.  I contacted the administration at Mountain Home and they are allowing individuals and groups up to 10 to visit and put out flags.  Usually the VA provides the flags, but not this year.  So I have ordered 18,000 flags for the community to put out.  Any one, or group who wants to come out and help can beginning at 0800 on Saturday.

The current schedule is
8:30a-4:30p on Saturday
1:00p-4:30p on Sunday
If we haven't hit all the graves by then it will be 8:30 until complete on Monday
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Pm sent
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#26]
What an amazing day!  First of all the forecast rain was nowhere to be seen. There were volunteers lining up before 8:00 and we passed out all the flags by 8:50.  By 9:30-10:00ish all 17,000+ graves had a flag!  So many people came to volunteer! It was a great event and I'm glad I could be a part of it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds promising, congrats
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#28]
You've got my vote, Jay!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You've got my vote, Jay!
View Quote

Thanks! Tell your friends!
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Anybody notice how many more republican candidates are running? seems like 3X as many

Are they trying to spread the republican vote out so some Democratic "Karen" gets voted in
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anybody notice how many more republican candidates are running? seems like 3X as many

Are they trying to spread the republican vote out so some Democratic "Karen" gets voted in
View Quote

It's what happens when the incumbent retires.  Everyone knows that an incumbent with no major scandal is virtually impossible to beat. Especially with such a strong Republican seat.  

Remember, Aug 6 is the Congressional Primary.  The general election is in November there will just be one Republican nominee (Me ??).  This seat has been held by Republicans since 1881.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Ahhhh....
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got a new ad finished.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Early Voting starts today!
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Jay, good luck bro.

There are just so many folks running, everyone has an opinion and non of them match.....it will be a interesting division of numbers for sure!
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Jay, good luck bro.

There are just so many folks running, everyone has an opinion and non of them match.....it will be a interesting division of numbers for sure!
View Quote

Yep, and I was perusing the FEC filings today 2 "outsiders" are definitely trying to buy it. $1 million and $560k respectively.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#37]
I made it into the debate tonight (7/23).  It is from 8-10 on WCYB (Channel 5 in the tri-city area) or Streaming at WCYB.com
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#39]
@bansil

Your box is full, will you send me your mailing address?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
done....only got 9 messages BUT to be honest
... I don't know how this works
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Thursday is the primary, if you haven't done it yet, get out and VOTE!
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah...lots  of publicity for this. Noone knows about an election.

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Done. Good Luck. I dont know why more people dont vote in primarys.......

Had a power outage just before 8 in the Boro....thought pantifa was trying to promote communism and keep the polls closed..........
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#44]
We finished middle of the road

Congrates, could of been worst, Looking at the numbers, It makes a big difference where you live to get a lot moar votes, heck I almost forgot about it since it wasn't on the news

Cute brown baggy with gloves and a free pen
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We finished middle of the road

Congrates, could of been worst, Looking at the numbers, It makes a big difference where you live to get a lot moar votes, heck I almost forgot about it since it wasn't on the news

Cute brown baggy with gloves and a free pen
View Quote

May have been the losing side...still not convinced it was the wrong one.  

Thanks everyone (especially @bansil) for your support.  We'll see where things go from here, but I'm taking a break and going to the beach next week.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

May have been the losing side...still not convinced it was the wrong one.  

Thanks everyone (especially @bansil) for your support.  We'll see where things go from here, but I'm taking a break and going to the beach next week.
View Quote

Have a safe trip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#47]
EI? Thats were we go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top