Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2021 12:39:38 PM EDT
I know it's kind of a long shot but does anyone know of any good ESL courses/classes in or around Peoria, Surprise, Glendale area? My wife finally got her visa a couple of months ago and we'll be moving to Peoria in less than two weeks. Her English is very very basic, greetings, bad words she picked up from me and she knows how to say "I'm tired of your shit"

Our 3 year old son speaks probably 90% English at this point, although with some Spanish mixed in so kind of Spanglish, but he'll be good as soon as we get there, as he'll probably only hear Spanish from his mom, and English everywhere else. His mom on the other hand, she needs some ESL classes pronto!

BTW she called Trump winning in 2016 and has regularly defended him when her low information fuckstick friends have denigrated him. I tell her not to bother, but she doesn't listen. She's like a little honey badger in a pit full of vipers, claws and teeth and no fucks given.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the visa. Not an ESL course but Rosetta Stone is 179 bucks for all 24 languages including English. Just a thought, any tablet or phone will run it online.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Glendale Community College.
She'll need to take a placement test so she gets into the right level.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This could work, but sometimes if you haven’t been in arizona for a year, you are stuck paying out of state tuition. Kudos to your wife - have you thought about italki english tutoring?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Congrats on the visa. Not an ESL course but Rosetta Stone is 179 bucks for all 24 languages including English. Just a thought, any tablet or phone will run it online.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks! Have looked at Rosetta Stone in the past for Spanish for me but honestly I think my wife is gonna need some intensive, actual sit her ass in class and be spoon fed English. Will probably still look at it again for her as a supplement to in person classes though.

Quoted:

Yep, have been looking at Glendale Community College and their ESL courses. It's looking like that's probably going to be where she goes, unless anything better pops up. As a bonus it's right down the street from my aunt's house so that's kind of nice.

Quoted:

This could work, but sometimes if you haven’t been in Arizona for a year, you are stuck paying out of state tuition. Kudos to your wife - have you thought about italki english tutoring?

Yes, I'll definitely have to pay the out of state tuition rate for her for the first year. It'll sting a bit but such is life. I'll just shoot less ammo the first year. Or maybe only shoot .22

Never heard of italki tutoring, off to google it now. Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing constructive to add on the ESL classes but congratulations to you and your wife. Be sure to file the adjustment paperwork as soon as she's eligible and the naturalization paperwork after that. We need good new US Citizens badly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top