Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2023 10:05:42 PM EDT
I have a Surefire Muzzle brake for sale and a guy from Washington state is interested, he mentioned being from Washington as a caveat and I started looking into the new laws over there which I was completely unaware of. Just looking for some input from you guys as I'm sure you have scoured every bit of the new laws. Mainly curious whether or not I'm good to ship a muzzle brake into WA.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Simply put M4tty, you aren’t. No muzzle devices can be shipped. Hell, probably not even for a bolt action.

ETA: while I’d say don’t ask/don’t tell, a direct electronic  paper trail of a sale like that could come back to bite you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Free men don’t ask for permission.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal, thanks for the replies fellas.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I think muzzle devices can ship. Silencer Shop just shipped two to me.

What is no go are threaded barrels for pistols. That turns an otherwise harmless semi auto pistol into an extremely dangerous assault weapon.

But once it's got a threaded barrel adding a muzzle device doesn't make it any saltier: it's already salty so the muzzle device isn't a part that can make a gun into an AW unlike the barrel

OP: do whatever you feel comfortable with, our laws are pretty confusing right now
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Another way they can Fk you.. You can buy a suppressor but can't buy the matching barrel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Free men don’t ask for permission.
View Quote

Unfortunately not everyone wants to be free
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I swear there's a lot of people in this very htf that embrace their chains and can't wait to jump through the next hoop our "dear leaders" set up for us
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unfortunately not everyone wants to be free
View Quote
Like people who live in Washington state? Lead the charge, Custer. It's easy to be flippant with someone elses freedom.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I just left WA after decades.

IDK WTF the new law says, but I would definitely ship a muzzle brake without worrying about it.

I moved because they stacked the deck against me to deep. I could no longer do ftf, I could no longer purchase standard capacity mags, and just recently they declared everything including my pecker to be an assault weapon.

Fuck Jay inslee, fuck sideshow bob.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Like people who live in Washington state? Lead the charge, Custer. It's easy to be flippant with someone elses freedom.
View Quote

I am free. May your chains rest lightly on you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am free. May your chains rest lightly on you.
View Quote

Ah yes a man of few but very succinct words. I'm assuming you didn't pay any federal or state income taxes last year?

I don't even live in Washington, in case you didn't notice my state is missing a V on the first letter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ah yes a man of few but very succinct words. I'm assuming you didn't pay any federal or state income taxes last year?

I don't even live in Washington, in case you didn't notice my state is missing a V on the first letter.
View Quote

Ahhhh the famous challenge. Next you’ll be asking me to post photos of a machine gun. That’s how all these retarded measurements work. You have to find what ever line you’re willing to draw it at. Unfortunately you seem like you prefer the taste of boot leather. Many Washington shops refuse to follow unjust and illegal laws and still sell full cap mags. There are plent lot of people here who are as free as they are willing to be. You chose to bow to tyrants… or you are a part of the tyrants glowing henchmen. Either way… freedoms is a decision you have to choose. Or don’t choose. It’s up to you.

Also.

FYI Washington doesn’t have state income tax.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ahhhh the famous challenge. Next you'll be asking me to post photos of a machine gun. That's how all these retarded measurements work. You have to find what ever line you're willing to draw it at. Unfortunately you seem like you prefer the taste of boot leather. Many Washington shops refuse to follow unjust and illegal laws and still sell full cap mags. There are plent lot of people here who are as free as they are willing to be. You chose to bow to tyrants  or you are a part of the tyrants glowing henchmen. Either way  freedoms is a decision you have to choose. Or don't choose. It's up to you.

Also.

FYI Washington doesn't have state income tax.
View Quote
Alot of words and not many answers, Mr. High and Mighty. Again, I don't live in Washington, so who's tasting the leather again? Put your money where your mouth is or shut your mouth.

Also, I'm unsubscribing from this thread but you just keep being free, freedomsaurus.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alot of words and not many answers, Mr. High and Mighty. Again, I don't live in Washington, so who's tasting the leather again? Put your money where your mouth is or shut your mouth.

Also, I'm unsubscribing from this thread but you just keep being free, freedomsaurus. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B36CCA6B-74D8-4030-93AB-B868B6F9E8A9-393.gif
View Quote

Good riddance  
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good riddance  
View Quote

Agreed. Must have to go get the JBT taste out of his mouth.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:52:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, freedom. That absolute thing we all cherish…….as long as it’s on an approved list.
How many mags have you brought into a ban state? When you reach a number even remotely close to mine you may proceed to talk shit. Until then, zip it.

Good luck selling your muzzle brake. Hopefully you find a state that is acceptable to the king.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Back to what he was asking...I believe it is OK because it is not the barrel itself and muzzle devices are used on non "assault weapons" as well. The annoying part is there is not a clear answer because the powers that be want to make you afraid to buy anything.

Fuck this guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]
These are the guys I hate to run into. Nobody would ever know or care. Yet they wanna hold the jackboot line.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good riddance  
View Quote

People can still @him though...
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These are the guys I hate to run into. Nobody would ever know or care. Yet they wanna hold the jackboot line.
View Quote

Facts, it's the same type of person who asks to see my ID or wants a bill of sale with my address and all my info during a face to face. Fuckith no
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Facts, it's the same type of person who asks to see my ID or wants a bill of sale with my address and all my info during a face to face. Fuckith no
View Quote
I always asked for a show of drivers license and CCW permit to prove they were 1) of age 2) not a felon.
(I'd make those stipulations clear in my EE ad to give people such as yourself plenty of heads up).
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I always asked for a show of drivers license and CCW permit to prove they were 1) of age 2) not a felon.
(I'd make those stipulations clear in my EE ad to give people such as yourself plenty of heads up).
View Quote

Agreed. I always made sure the person that I was selling (private transfer) a firearm to was legit. It’s common sense and CYA if you are selling someone a firearm that’s registered in your name. I sold a gun once to a fellow Soldier and got a phone call from a detective a couple years later that a gun that was registered to me end up in a stolen vehicle and a felon in possession of a firearm. That’s one example why you keep records.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed. I always made sure the person that I was selling (private transfer) a firearm to was legit. It's common sense and CYA if you are selling someone a firearm that's registered in your name. I sold a gun once to a fellow Soldier and got a phone call from a detective a couple years later that a gun that was registered to me end up in a stolen vehicle and a felon in possession of a firearm. That's one example why you keep records.
View Quote

Never kept one record, never checked one id. If you are old enough and I have no reason to believe you are a bad guy you are gtg.

I've had two end up at crime scenes. Few questions to see if I knew anything and that was the last i ever heard on it.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Never kept one record, never checked one id. If you are old enough and I have no reason to believe you are a bad guy you are gtg.

I've had two end up at crime scenes. Few questions to see if I knew anything and that was the last i ever heard on it.

View Quote

No disrespect intended, but maybe if you had checked on a couple of those sales, your 2 firearms wouldn’t have ended up in crime scenes. Hopefully there were no true victims involved.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No disrespect intended, but maybe if you had checked on a couple of those sales, your 2 firearms wouldn't have ended up in crime scenes. Hopefully there were no true victims involved.
View Quote

You did all that shit and yours still ended up in the hands of a felon.

Seems like testimony to a waste of time and effort.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You did all that shit and yours still ended up in the hands of a felon.

Seems like testimony to a waste of time and effort.

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully turd furgeson wont put any private sellers (from when it was legal) under the microscope with his new gun "nuisance" law. I wouldnt put it past him. Especially if the gun was used in a high profile crime.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hopefully turd furgeson wont put any private sellers (from when it was legal) under the microscope with his new gun "nuisance" law. I wouldnt put it past him. Especially if the gun was used in a high profile crime.
View Quote

There was never any legal requirements for any type of screening.

And as we saw above, it doesn't prevent anything
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There was never any legal requirements for any type of screening.
View Quote
If you consider selling a gun to a fellon or someone under age, not legal nor a good idea, then yeah there was screening to do.

Now whether that could come back legally and bite you in the ass with a shit tonn of civil litigation (if that kid or felon commited a crime or killed/injured someone) I dunno, but I'd of prefered not to live with that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you consider selling a gun to a fellon or someone under age, not legal nor a good idea, then yeah there was screening to do.
View Quote

I've never considered either.

Again, while I'm a "you do you" guy, your argument supports anti gun universal background checks.

And despite being redundant, above proves all the paperwork and a pap smear and the gun still ends up in the hands of a felon at a crime scene.

Might make some feel better, but zero net actual gain from any of it.

Nobody knows what evil little in the hearts of men. Sandy hook iirc, were all papered up by Mom. Who he killed and then took her guns. All that wasted time and paper for naught

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Again, while I'm a "you do you" guy, your argument supports anti gun universal background checks.
View Quote
No it doesnt. At all. Thats a far stretch and its irresponsible/senationalist of you to suggest Im antigun.

My whole argument here is: an individual has the freedom to set boundaries for THEIR business (guns or anything else). It has nothing to do with, nor supports or encourages gov overreach.

If the libtards never put up 594 in 2014, you think my actions would have driven them to propose it?? Thats preposterous. Does what a person do with a gun after I sell it make me liable? No it shouldnt. Do I have a conscience and SELF govern who I sold to? Yes, and in the absence of gov overreach thats called freedom. Unfortunately now we dont have that freedom, but I didnt cause it or support it.

We should be careful of making accusations amungst ourselves. Come'on man!
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I didn't suggest you were anti gun.

I stated your argument supports the anti gun universal background check agenda.

Pretending checking a license and cpl and keeping records prevents crime has been shown in this thread by a practitioner to be useless, akin to only selling a cookbook after weighing somebody and requiring BMI. Fruitless.

But again, if it makes you feel better and sleep at night, knock yourself out.

All pointless banter in it's totality since WA no longer legally permits ftf purchases. And since not one of the ftf purchases I've made in the last 6 months asked for any of that.

"Come'on man! ", Joe Biden quote much?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Come'on man! ", Joe Biden quote much?
View Quote
Ive been hanging out in GD to long. Now wheres that ice cream.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Follow the dirty depends smell and you’ll find some.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys sell guns?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You guys sell guns?
View Quote

Never.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You guys sell guns?
View Quote

Speaking of gun sales, here is a picture of a assalt pistol,friend wanted me to order it, nope it’s a no go.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Speaking of gun sales, here is a picture of a assalt pistol,friend wanted me to order it, nope it’s a no go.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/EC202F55-D762-4F96-905B-99C9AA716B2F_jpe-2832852.JPG
View Quote

Yeah its pretty fucking annoying. AimSurplus is pretty much pointless to shop at now. Everything and anything that can be put on an AR/AK is now verboten. Tried to buy a CZ Shadow 2 from PSA, nope, assault pistol
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah its pretty fucking annoying. AimSurplus is pretty much pointless to shop at now. Everything and anything that can be put on an AR/AK is now verboten. Tried to buy a CZ Shadow 2 from PSA, nope, assault pistol
View Quote

Why couldn’t you buy a Shadow 2? I’m guessing PSA is still not selling any serialized items here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/EC202F55-D762-4F96-905B-99C9AA716B2F_jpe-2832852.JPG

It’s beyond stupid, I even have a 07 FFL and thanks to Ferguson’s lawsuits Davidsons among others just don’t want to risk it, not that I blame them either. One distributor I deal with has stated they are working on exemptions to help FFL’s out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Some of us have families that depend on us, and gambling with the (BS, unconstitutional) law could have some really bad ripple effects. I’m still at a point where I hope the courts come through for us, but in the mean time I made sure to get us all the guns and parts we could want while still legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top