Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2023 1:39:46 PM EDT
Not sure if this has been asked before, but after spending more time than I feel I should, I cannot seem to find a way to dispose of LCD televisions without paying a fee. Does anyone know of a way? I am in Waukesha but will travel a bit to get rid of these broken units.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
UTI (Janesville) doesnt charge for residential waste. Just drop it off in the drop off area. Its on Beloit Ave on Janesvilles south side.

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The dump in Muskego does days where they will take them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an old computer monitor to scrap - I just dismantled it and put the plastic case in the recycle bin and tossed the CRT in the garbage bag and tossed in the bin.  I'd bet a large amount of the e-cycle stuff ends up in the landfill at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Depending on your location, and if you had a box, you could leave it on your porch and it would be gone by noon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By olyman:
Depending on your location, and if you had a box, you could leave it on your porch and it would be gone by noon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By USSRangerSM:
shotgun and bag to put small pieces in
View Quote
I like where your head's at!
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I ended up taking them to Camo Crew in Butler, they took them for no charge.

I'm starting to understand why items like this and other trash end up on sides of the road or just a little ways in o some public forests.... I am all for proper disposal, but don't make it so difficult.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:05:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kapusta] [#10]
Same thing with tires.  You have to pay for disposal, they pay some tire recycle place to pick them up, tire recycler grinds them up and sells the result.  Nice deal when someone pays you for your raw material.  You would think they'd be happy to have you drop off your tires there for free, but noooooo and then people wonder why you see tires dumped everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMARINE1108] [#11]
Originally Posted By kapusta:
Same thing with tires.  You have to pay for disposal, they pay some tire recycle place to pick them up, tire recycler grinds them up and sells the result.  Nice deal when someone pays you for your raw material.  You would think they'd be happy to have you drop off your tires there for free, but noooooo and then people wonder why you see tires dumped everywhere.
View Quote

I turn my old tires into tire swings.  I use them to add weight to the grader too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:01:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rfb45colt] [#12]
Originally Posted By cheesehead77:

I'm starting to understand why items like this and other trash end up on sides of the road or just a little ways in o some public forests.... I am all for proper disposal, but don't make it so difficult.
View Quote

Exactly. I had one of those 30" screen, giant picture tube, TVs to get rid of. Cost me $30.

Have you ever tried to dispose of an old fiberglass speedboat? I have a friend who tried to get rid of one, a 16' runabout. He sold the motor and trailer with no problem, but nobody would take the boat. It had a rotten transom, so wasn't "sea-worthy". He couldn't find any place that'd take it, not even for a fee. So... one saturday, we cut it up with Sawzalls w/ 10" long hacksaw blades into about 12x18" pieces, and put the pieces in garbage bags (we used about 40 kitchen sized bags), and he got rid of it in his regular household garbage, 1 or 2 bags at a time. We should've just rented a woodchipper...
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Finding a place to dump your trash isn't a problem in the City of Milwaukee. Just go out in the evening or night in a commercial or industrial area which is relatively deserted and empty your trailer on the side of the road, or if you're lazy just dump it out on the road. A week or two later the City (or someone) finally cleans it up and disposes of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Leave by the road, with a paper price tag of $50. Problem solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top