Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2023 11:17:12 AM EDT
Recommendations for a place to get my fingerprints done electronically?  TIA
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone in another thread used the UPS store in Manchester.  

You have to set up an appointment and costs $65 ish.

See here for one of the services:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Just-Used-PrintScan-Figured-I-would-Share-Info-Opinion-and-Pose-A-Few-Questions/17-541496/?

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Sir
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

See here for one of the services:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Just-Used-PrintScan-Figured-I-would-Share-Info-Opinion-and-Pose-A-Few-Questions/17-541496/?

View Quote
Wow! That's a ridiculous price to pay.

Depending on the purpose of the prints, be aware that sometimes you must have it done by a LEO instead of some random person/location (FL gun licenses are like that).

Check your local PD, Sheriff's office, surrounding area PDs, etc. Some will do it for free, others may charge a nominal fee (I've never heard of one charging more than $25).
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Depending on the purpose of the prints, be aware that sometimes you must have it done by a LEO instead of some random person/location (FL gun licenses are like that).

Check your local PD, Sheriff's office, surrounding area PDs, etc. Some will do it for free, others may charge a nominal fee (I've never heard of one charging more than $25).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The e-prints have a convenience factor built in for some folks who deal with ATF eforms.  

I was thinking about playing the free SBR game, but I probably won't.

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I had it done in Chelmsford, MA but they have two locations in NH, Nashua and Manchester.

https://www.printscan.com/services/electronic-fingerprinting/
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hi, Len.  You're thinking of plain paper fingerprints, not electronic ones that provide an .eft file for electronic filing purposes.  $65 is about the going rate.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hi, Len.  You're thinking of plain paper fingerprints, not electronic ones that provide an .eft file for electronic filing purposes.  $65 is about the going rate.
View Quote
Yikes. I don't do NFA and gave up all the extraneous gun licenses once I received my retired LE ID, plus keeping up my MA LTC (now as a NR, so I can keep teaching MA LTC courses, qualify others for MA LEOSA, and do my annual LEOSA qualification in MA) and NH resident P/R.

Previously, I needed prints for FL but my old MA PD (where I retired from) only did ink and didn't charge for them.

Up here in NH, my Wife and I took the citizen's police academy (laws are very different in NH vs. MA, thank goodness) and they did electronic but since it was for them, there was no charge. No idea if they normally would charge or if they would do them for NRs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
A one time fee of $65 isn't bad for eliminating the need for fingerprint cards if you buy or make NFA stuff. Now with e-forms you can do everything online if you have your prints on an eft file. Otherwise you would still need to mail two complete cards every time you submit a Form 1 or Form 4 online and hope ATF puts them with your e-form properly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the "system". Do these places Email them to you and you forward the PDF to BATFE?

I have no idea when I'll see my Chief next, as my Wife just got out of the hospital with a very serious condition that will keep us home-bound except for medical appointments for now. But if I remember when I see him next, I'll ask what they would do, what they would charge, and if they do it for NRs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is the "system". Do these places Email them to you and you forward the PDF to BATFE?

View Quote

It should come to you via as a .eft file according to the thread linked above.  If you're dealing with ATF, it should give you the option of uploading that file.  From my understanding, common people software won't be able to open the file to view/print.

If it's anything like when i was fingerprinted in Indiana for a lifetime permit, it is just the standard digital print scanner.  The state of Indiana would set you up with an appointment with one of the many commercial fingerprinting services there.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The print place creates the eft file and emails you a link to go download it to your computer after your appointment. They say not to download it to a phone or it might not work.

When you are filling out a Form 1 or 4 through e-forms you have the option to upload your eft file from your computer or tell them that you will be mailing the fingerprint cards. I think there is a 10 day limit for mailing. If ATF hasn't received the cards by then the form is rejected.

I haven't downloaded and installed an eft viewer yet to try to look at the prints. It is not a pdf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top