Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2020 6:47:25 AM EDT
https://www.redstate.com/diary/aceintx/2020/02/18/putting-texas-first.-texans-have-a-choice-for-us-senate.-early-voting-starts-feb-18th-2020./

http://www.texansforstovall.com/

Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It may be time to replace Johnny ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Be very careful what you wish for. MJ Hager is getting a lot more money than you think rolling in for her senate run. She my be a crazy libTARD, but she is smarter than Bob the Fake Mexican.

Flipping the seat on the second most powerful person in the Senate, and from Texas would be a huge feather in the DUMBocrat’s hat.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
He's a good guy.  Ran for office before. I donated.

He'll  need some serious backing to beat Cornyn, who I would like to see go.

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be very careful what you wish for.
View Quote
Yeah after what happened in VA, Texas is about to see a massive funding of anti-republicans like we have never seen before, almost all out-of-state money.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't watch anything without being blasted by Bloomberg ads right now. Dems are pouring fuckloads of money into trying to win seats.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be very careful what you wish for. MJ Hager is getting a lot more money than you think rolling in for her senate run. She my be a crazy libTARD, but she is smarter than Bob the Fake Mexican.

Flipping the seat on the second most powerful person in the Senate, and from Texas would be a huge feather in the DUMBocrat’s hat.
View Quote
Who is Hager?

My thread is about Stovall
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Who is Hager?

View Quote
MJ Hager is the Democratic challenger who Stovall would face if he beats Cornyn in the primary (realistically it ain't gonna happen).  All that running against Cornyn is going to do is beat him up prior to the general election and possibly give the Democrats a chance to unseat a Republican.  That would be a disaster.  Far worse than living with a RINO like Cornyn.

I've got nothing against Stovall, but I'd rather see him run for a House seat against a sitting Democrat if he is a strong candidate.  Getting rid of a Democrat in the House would be a very good thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Cornyn got my vote Tuesday, and I’m not going to apologize about it
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's going to get mine as well, and I'm not going to feel bad about it.  Well, actually I'm thinking about crossing over and voting in the D primary just to try to keep Bloomberg out. I don't really like any of the others, but I think Trump can easily beat Sanders and I'm not sure any of the other candidates have much of a chance of getting the D nomination.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MJ Hager is the Democratic challenger who Stovall would face if he beats Cornyn in the primary (realistically it ain't gonna happen).  All that running against Cornyn is going to do is beat him up prior to the general election and possibly give the Democrats a chance to unseat a Republican.  That would be a disaster.  Far worse than living with a RINO like Cornyn.

I've got nothing against Stovall, but I'd rather see him run for a House seat against a sitting Democrat if he is a strong candidate.  Getting rid of a Democrat in the House would be a very good thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is Hager?

Hager has never held any office, but got millions from Act Blue and other out of state DUMBocrats. She came real close to unseating John Carter in Wilco. Hager had a shit load of slick TV ads, attacking Carter. For years the seat was very safely red.

Cornyn is being smart and not ‘phoning in’ his re-election. One other thing Cornyn is #2 in the Senate, if Stovall won the senate seat he would be jr. senator and Texas would loose a lot of pull.

I have no problem voting for Cornyn, just to keep the seat and power structure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hager has never held any office, but got millions from Act Blue and other out of state DUMBocrats. She came real close to unseating John Carter in Wilco. Hager had a shit load of slick TV ads, attacking Carter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hager has never held any office, but got millions from Act Blue and other out of state DUMBocrats. She came real close to unseating John Carter in Wilco. Hager had a shit load of slick TV ads, attacking Carter.
She is a lot more dangerous than I think some people give her credit for.  As close as things were with that pendejo O'Rourke to beating Cruz, I don't think anyone should estimate the possibility that Hager could give Cornyn a run for his money and possibly beat a relative unknown like Stovall should they manage to beat Cornyn in the primary.

For years the seat was very safely red.
Unfortunately Wilco has seen a huge influx of libtards as it has grown due to the high prices of everything in Travco.  But the same problem is true across Texas as we've seen a continued influx of people fleeing blue states on the coasts and then trying to turn Texas into the same kind of f'd up mess that they left.

Cornyn is being smart and not ‘phoning in’ his re-election. One other thing Cornyn is #2 in the Senate, if Stovall won the senate seat he would be jr. senator and Texas would loose a lot of pull.

I think this is prudent thinking.  We need to be preserving what we have in the Senate and working to unseat House D's.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gotcha'
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
She is a lot more dangerous than I think some people give her credit for.  As close as things were with that pendejo O'Rourke to beating Cruz, I don't think anyone should estimate the possibility that Hager could give Cornyn a run for his money and possibly beat a relative unknown like Stovall should they manage to beat Cornyn in the primary.

Unfortunately Wilco has seen a huge influx of libtards as it has grown due to the high prices of everything in Travco.  But the same problem is true across Texas as we've seen a continued influx of people fleeing blue states on the coasts and then trying to turn Texas into the same kind of f'd up mess that they left.

I think this is prudent thinking.  We need to be preserving what we have in the Senate and working to unseat House D's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cornyn is 68; we should be lobbying him to resign and lobbying Abbott to replace him with someone better.  Cornyn has flinched way too often on police state stuff and gun control lately for me to support him that much and I doubt we can change him at this point; still, he's a reliable team player/known quantity and primarying an uncooperative senator is difficult and risky.  We'd risk not only a Dem win but alienating our bloc at the state & national level.

Perhaps if Stovall had laid better groundwork, but instead we're 2 weeks from the primary & he still has no name recognition, while local media has dutifully covered Hager's doomed campaign.  Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cornyn is 68; we should be lobbying him to resign and lobbying Abbott to replace him with someone better.  Cornyn has flinched way too often on police state stuff and gun control lately for me to support him that much and I doubt we can change him at this point; still, he's a reliable team player/known quantity and primarying an uncooperative senator is difficult and risky.  We'd risk not only a Dem win but alienating our bloc at the state & national level.

Perhaps if Stovall had laid better groundwork, but instead we're 2 weeks from the primary & he still has no name recognition, while local media has dutifully covered Hager's doomed campaign.  Maybe next time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

68 is not that old, and if you look at the money the libTARDS are pumping into TEXAS, this could be another election that is brutal to the Republicans if we don’t have our strongest most electable people running.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
When is Stovall gonna campaign at all?

I would love to vote for him based on last go around he "threw his name in".

I have yet to receive even a post card on him.  I need more effort on his part to get my vote, as much as I'd like to vote for him.

Cant get somebody into the game only to have them not show up to the race.

If I'm wrong please educate me.

I despise Cornyn.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
68 is not that old, and if you look at the money the libTARDS are pumping into TEXAS, this could be another election that is brutal to the Republicans if we don’t have our strongest most electable people running.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I completely agree; I'm saying that Cornyn needs to be 1) getting elected (highly likely he'll have no issues this go-around) and 2) stepping down well before 2026 so a new guy appointed by Abbott can take the reigns.  That's kinda how the indirect-election of senators was originally supposed to work, and why so many senate seats are still decided by the governors and strategic retirements.  But just because it's Abbott's call doesn't mean we don't have input; that's what I meant by proactively lobbying him & Cornyn to hand the office over to a new guy after this election.

68 isn't that old...but it's too old to be representing the state much longer, in my opinion, for a number of reasons that don't even get into policy.  He certainly won't be "our strongest & most electable" after another six years, he'll be 74.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When is Stovall gonna campaign at all?

I would love to vote for him based on last go around he "threw his name in".

I have yet to receive even a post card on him.  I need more effort on his part to get my vote, as much as I'd like to vote for him.

Cant get somebody into the game only to have them not show up to the race.

If I'm wrong please educate me.

I despise Cornyn.
View Quote
Agreed, but if you think about it, there's not much room for a guy like Stoval if Cornyn doesn't make way for him.  I don't blame Stoval for not wasting money, assuming he's even raising any.  Cornyn is a mixed bag (of turds) but highly experienced/respected, and he does represent most of his constituents pretty well.  I really wish he was less police-state-ey and more willing to play ball with 'radical conservatives' like TEA Party types, but he's too moderate for that & always will be.

So yeah, replacement is the best strategy; but that's gonna have to come at the hands of Abbot for it to be anything close to a safe/orderly transfer of power.  Letting the seat go truly up for grabs would invite an unprecedented amount of out-of-state meddling that'd make Beto look like a piker, and relying on an unknown newbie to spool up a primary campaign to defeat a well-liked heavyweight AND THEN that same out of state DNC juggernaut...Cornyn would have to royally fuck up Cantor-style for that to even be a remote possibility, and he simply isn't that bad on the issues Republicans care about.

So I guess I've convinced myself to vote for Cornyn in the primary & general, even though I tire of him flirting with gun control & domestic spying at every turn --but I'll definitely be pushing as best I can to have him retire & step down for someone much younger and at least a bit better on gun issues.  Given the movement on OC and hopefully soon Constitutional Carry, I think that may be highly likely; I doubt Abbot wants to appoint some dick that disagrees with one of his flagship policy items
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I voted Stovall and I dislike Cornholin.  But I will gladly vote for him in the fall.   I almost went for cornhole this time but gave a protest vote.

I will have a hard time voting for bush or wall if they get the nomination for district 22.

Anyone but boosh or walllll hopefully Nehls.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Not a Cornyn fan mainly because he's been far too willing to support importing foreigners to help keep wages down.   He needs to go, I'll hold my nose in November but I'd rather not have too.

This will tell you who he's really representing and it's not Texans. If you want to know why N Texas is being over run with people from India and China look no further.  the numbers below are per year.

https://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2017-H1B-Visa-Category.aspx?T=WS
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I voted for Stovall this past week.  Cornyn is a RINO and has yet to ever earn my vote.  Anyone okay with the patriot act does not get my vote.  If our liberties mean that little to him than I cannot support him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I spoke with Cornyn yesterday morning at the local rally.He was not aware that the enemy was coming here on the 10th.
He is now. He sent an aid over to talk with me about it,she was surprised that they would
show up after Super Tuesday.Said let them waste their money,this is Texas.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I voted for Stovall this morning also. I have not been impressed over the years with Cornyn and the way he panders to the left.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I spoke with Cornyn yesterday morning at the local rally.He was not aware that the enemy was coming here on the 10th.
He is now. He sent an aid over to talk with me about it,she was surprised that they would
show up after Super Tuesday.Said let them waste their money,this is Texas.
View Quote
And him thinking that is where we end up like Virginia.

Bloomberg is not working at the federal level. He is down in the trenches at the state and local level changing the whole battlefield. He is going after the state reps who are already barely holding onto their seat due to the mass migration that is coming to Texas from the other already fucked states.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I voted for Stovall this morning also. I have not been impressed over the years with Cornyn and the way he panders to the left.
View Quote
It's pretty obvious this morning, that most people are.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
76.32% of the voters disagree
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
90% of the voting public is not intelligent enough to make an informed choice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to concede this debate with that retort
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top