Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2020 11:51:59 PM EDT
For my sisters birthday i’m buying her a gift certificate for a pistol. Last year I sent her to Drye’s for a concealed carry class, she has her permit now. Who has the best selection and pricing around? Bonus points if there is anywhere else like Drye’s that has a range she can try them in. Otherwise i’ll just get her another gift certificate to Drye’s unless someone else has a better suggestion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Drye's is it for Durham. Don't recommend the other place. If Drye has an instructor at the shop alot of times he can send your sister out to try something out at the CCH class range. (If he has the same gun she wants to try thats used. )D
Roxboro (north of Durham) has Rock City Guns. It's small and kinda loud, no range.
Triangle Shooting Academy is in Brief Creek (really close to Durham) has a range. It's the upity place and is expensive. But it has a range.
Personal Defense Handguns is in Garner about 40 minutes east of Durham and has a range.
Mace Shooting Sports is in Mebane (close to Durham right off 85)
Mace does not have a range.

I still recommend Drye 1st.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive had some shitty CS at Mace, but thats the only one on that list I’ve been to. Drye’s it will be then, thank you!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been, but Liberty Guns in Hillsborough is a good place to shop according to a former co-worker.

https://www.facebook.com/Liberty-Guns-155084731326265/
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Dryes is a fucking joke, and hes a dick.

Transfer fee $50? Get the hell out.

Rock City Guns in Roxboro. Granville Gun Works in Creedmoor. Even Bull City Armory in Durham.

Screw Danny Drye.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuquay gun is where I went for the best prices when I lived in Durham. TSA has a nice range though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a fan of Drys here.
FGG is one of the best in the area, granted it's a drive from Durham.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top