Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2018 10:30:15 PM EDT
With Scott Hawkins dropping out of the race today, it looks like the Republican front-runners are down to Dunleavy and Treadwell for the primary in August.

I know Mead Treadwell supports Lisa Murkowski, so that doesn't look good.  I thought Mead Treadwell had been quoted saying some anti-gun stuff in the past also.  Anyone remember anything?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Lost me at ‘supports Lisa’.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 3:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Frank Murkowski is behind Mead Treadwell running for Governor, so it doesn't surprise me that Mead and Lisa support each other.

"So Murkowski, the 85-year-old former governor and United States senator, picked up the phone and placed a call.

Murkowski won't say who was on the other end. But he confirmed in an interview last week that he asked the person to be his running mate."

"And by the filing deadline, Murkowski said he'd grown more satisfied with the field of Republican candidates, which saw a late addition of Mead Treadwell, the former lieutenant governor."

"Frank said he decided to set his aspirations aside once the Republican field solidified. He suggested that that was because of the late entry of Treadwell — though Murkowski was careful not to endorse or name him, saying he didn't want to pick sides before the outcome of the primary election."

https://www.adn.com/politics/2018/06/11/frank-murkowski-seriously-considered-running-for-alaska-governor-again/
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I don’t care if Frank thinks Mead shits gold bullion. Is having Frank support a candidate supposed to be a good thing? Frank choose his daughter over anyone competent, and she has turned out to be anything but conservative (what a shock, right?).

So mention ANY Murkowski support, and I’ll put that candidate at the bottom of the pile.

Notice I’ve said nothing about Mead or his supposed policies. Just like certain Democrats in Alaska, having the stink of ‘support’ attached does not help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I voted for Dunleavy.  Treadwell appears to be the candidate of Team Swamp

http://mustreadalaska.com/murkowski-husband-hosts-d-c-fundraiser-for-treadwell/

Bit late to post this now
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
We checked around a bit and voted for Dunleavy today.  Watched a recorded TV debate between the two and felt Dunleavy had better answers and actually believed what he was saying.  He's not perfect, but far better than Treadwell seems to be.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Treadwell was unhinged after his loss tonight.  Some of his comments to people after things were pretty much over tonight downtown were very unprofessional.  Wow...

Now we wait and see if Begich drops out.  He has till September 4th or 5th I think.

More democratic shenanigans?

Bill Walker will run until he is fired in November.

Either way, Mike Dunleavy is the next Governor of Alaska.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Treadwell was unhinged after his loss tonight.  Some of his comments to people after things were pretty much over tonight downtown were very unprofessional.  Wow...

Now we wait and see if Begich drops out.  He has till September 4th or 5th I think.

More democratic shenanigans?

Bill Walker will run until he is fired in November.

Either way, Mike Dunleavy is the next Governor of Alaska.
View Quote
Any links to Treadwells comments?

Walker/Begich or Begich/Walker Unity-Unity ticket perhaps?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:28:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Nothing to quote Treadwell on, but he supposedly said something like "your buddy Mike needs a bullet" to a local Anchorage candidate as one example.  Someone very close to me was standing there when Treadwell supposedly said it to that candidate.  I asked around a bit today, and I guess Treadwell has been known to have a pretty bad temper at times.  He got his ass kicked in this election, so I can see why he was angry.  He has no one to blame but himself though.

Jeff Landfield called into Mike Porcaro's show today and mentioned that he heard some troubling comments from Treadwell also.  Landfield might have something recorded.  He has some sight called the Alaska Landmine, and I think he is buddies with Dave Steerin.

If I had to guess right now, I would bet on a three-way race in November.

I think Begich will stay in and take full advantage of all the democratic money that will start pouring in to go on the attack.

There is going to be a massive amount of money dumped into this race from all sides.  Get ready for non-stop attack ads...
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The total Dem vote was 35,212
The total Rep vote was 63,572
Dunleavy's vote was 39,572
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The total Dem vote was 35,212
The total Rep vote was 63,572
Dunleavy's vote was 39,572
View Quote
It's a good sign.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nothing to quote Treadwell on, but he supposedly said something like "your buddy Mike needs a bullet" to a local Anchorage candidate as one example.  Someone very close to me was standing there when Treadwell supposedly said it to that candidate.  I asked around a bit today, and I guess Treadwell has been known to have a pretty bad temper at times.  He got his ass kicked in this election, so I can see why he was angry.  He has no one to blame but himself though.

Jeff Landfield called into Mike Porcaro's show today and mentioned that he heard some troubling comments from Treadwell also.  Landfield might have something recorded.  He has some sight called the Alaska Landmine, and I think he is buddies with Dave Steerin.

If I had to guess right now, I would bet on a three-way race in November.

I think Begich will stay in and take full advantage of all the democratic money that will start pouring in to go on the attack.

There is going to be a massive amount of money dumped into this race from all sides.  Get ready for non-stop attack ads...
View Quote
Langfield does have something recorded.  Apparently Treadwell thinks that Dunleavy bought all the radio shows the ADN Langfields blog etc. He was a man of many excuses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top