Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2022 3:43:34 PM EDT
I stopped by the Home and Remodeling show they had at the Expo Center this weekend.

Surprise - there was at least one stand selling jerky, another selling fudge/candy, and another selling knives. Didn’t hear anybody triggering any tasers.

Thought somebody might get a laugh out knowing it’s just not gun shows with issues.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You had my attention at fudge!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How was the Camo and BO presence?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How was the Camo and BO presence?
View Quote

That was lacking at least from what I experienced.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I once talked to a Fairfax County cop who told me the Gun Show generates the LEAST amount of police responses. He said the worst are the gem & jewelry show, cat show and when they used to have the Virginia wine show.

Fun Fact - The Dulles Expo building (main hall) started life as a LOWE’S. You can tell of you look closely. Where the Walmart is used to be part of the EXPO as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I once talked to a Fairfax County cop who told me the Gun Show generates the LEAST amount of police responses. He said the worst are the gem & jewelry show, cat show and when they used to have the Virginia wine show.

Fun Fact - The Dulles Expo building (main hall) started life as a LOWE’S. You can tell of you look closely. Where the Walmart is used to be part of the EXPO as well.
View Quote

I don’t remember it being a lowes, probably before I lived here but do remember the Walmart being the other building before they built onto the first.

The gun show gets the least response from the street cops because there are so many VSP troopers working inside. I went to a couple of the wine shows there before. Good times.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don’t remember it being a lowes, probably before I lived here but do remember the Walmart being the other building before they built onto the first.

The gun show gets the least response from the street cops because there are so many VSP troopers working inside. I went to a couple of the wine shows there before. Good times.
View Quote

yeah, back as late as 1994 the main hall was a Lowes (I used to shop there). Where the Walmart is now used to be another hall. The Dulles Expo would often host two separate shows on the same weekend or one mega show. They would sometimes be complimentary like a Gunshow in the North Hall (I think that is what they called it) and the Civil War show in the “South Hall” (now the Walmart).

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember when the Lowes was a field .
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

my first venture up and it was just the main hall for gunshows,  and a big muddy field beside it to park trailers,

IIRC several dealers had their trailers stolen from that lot,
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That feels like a last life time ago.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

my first venture up and it was just the main hall for gunshows,  and a big muddy field beside it to park trailers,

IIRC several dealers had their trailers stolen from that lot,
View Quote

That was after FFX County’s waiting period on handguns went away. Back when there was a waiting period the gun shows were down at Hugos in Bealton. Despite being smaller they were pretty amazing. Bought two sets of Nill stippled grips for a song back in the day. Hugo’s kept hosting shows but eventually lost out entirely to the Nations Gun Show.

-shooter
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Apologies to all - new phone, having trouble using it to quote others.

Yes, Dulles Expo used to have two buildings, a North and South Hall.
I don't remember the years, though.

Hugo's will ALWAYS be a roller skating rink to me - that's why there's
a GIANT WHITE BOOT out front.  

And why did my wife have to tell me the Gun Show is in town?  

That's what y'all are for.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to the gem and jewelry show one time.
I think half the female Indian population of the east coast was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top