Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2023 1:59:48 AM EDT
I’m from Wisconsin, and driving through to tow my daughter’s car back from GCU in Phoenix.
I noticed that almost nobody was driving 5 over the speed limit.
Are the cops that strict in NM?
I drive 10 over all the time in Wi and haven’t been pulled over in 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I noticed the shitty roads. Lol
I’m towing my daughters car back to Wi on a dolly. Those craters give me more anxiety than the mountain passes in Arizona!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
These days I always run my cruise control exactly at the speed limit.  No more 10 over like in my youth.

"Back in the day" during the 55 mph insanity radar detectors, CB radios, and a keen eye prevented many tickets.  But it was nerve racking to go cross country

Paladin
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Late to the party on this one, but besides the shit roads, it also depends on which county you're driving through.  I've experienced that some of the sparsely populated areas were more likely to want to follow the limit, probably because LEO didn't have much else to do.  But the stretch of I-25 between Alb and Santa Fe- if you're not doing at least 10 over, you will get run-over!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top