Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2018 7:57:05 AM EDT
I purchased a travel trailer and have never been there. I'm in Texas - near Houston. Anything I need to know? The better half and I will probably stay at one of the kids house in Dallas, to knock the drive down to roughly 4 hours and I'll probably make the 8 hour drive home in one trip. Heck I guess if I get tired I'll just pull over and sack out in the trailer for a bit. Anyway, any advice on getting around Tulsa I need to know would be a big help. Thank Y'all.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don’t have a turnpike pass you should get one. Tulsa has lots of toll roads. Not sure if they still have coin machines or if it is all photo tolling if no pike pass.

Good town with good people from my experience. Travel safe.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don’t have a turnpike pass you should get one. Tulsa has lots of toll roads. Not sure if they still have coin machines or if it is all photo tolling if no pike pass.

View Quote
I have one for Texas but not sure if it'll work. If they don't have coin machines I'll just let them send me a bill. That's what they do here anyway and it's not much.
Too bad I'll only be there for the day, I'd like to take in the town. Thank you for the response, I'll be taking it slow and easy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have one for Texas but not sure if it'll work. If they don't have coin machines I'll just let them send me a bill. That's what they do here anyway and it's not much.
Too bad I'll only be there for the day, I'd like to take in the town. Thank you for the response, I'll be taking it slow and easy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your Texas one will work.

I still have my Pike Pass and they bill it.

The combined tolling information is perhaps one of the best things the North East figured out....sucks that it would be how to get more money from people...but it figures.
@rodslinger
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you! If I weren't hard for time I'd stay longer. I'd like to one day turn the truck back into the wind, haul back up and see what OK has. I'd love to see what keeps my great state from falling into the gulf. :P

Seriously, thanks. If you see a black F-250 with a BFL on the back it's me. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top