Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2021 9:03:58 PM EDT
A while back the barrel tensioning nut on my 22/45 lite came out when a hot supressor was attempted to be removed.

I know it has a specific post tension torque spec for the barrel.  Just need to know if i can randomly show up to drop it off.

And then go recreational gold panning at lynx creek.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They don't allow visitors any longer, but I don't think they ever allowed repairs to be dropped off.  When I lived in Prescott, a friend needed warranty work on his Ruger, and they had him mail it...all of 7 miles from his home.  

If you have (or get) a face spanner wrench, you could do it yourself.  A Gemtech Outback suppressor I have uses a similar type of endcap like your ruger, and I got a face spanner wrench to remove/secure it.  I think it was $12 on amazon.  You just need one that has the correct size nubs.  

If only they had a phone number or a way to contact them directly so you could ask them....

Customer Service - Prescott, AZ

200 Ruger Road, Prescott, AZ 86301

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 928-541-8835

(Monday through Friday 6:00am - 4:00pm MST)
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I did stop by their factory once to get a Ruger P95 9mm repaired while we waited but this was at least 12-13 years ago.  

Def hit them up beforehand before attempting it.  

And please let us know how it goes!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't allow visitors any longer, but I don't think they ever allowed repairs to be dropped off.  When I lived in Prescott, a friend needed warranty work on his Ruger, and they had him mail it...all of 7 miles from his home.  

If you have (or get) a face spanner wrench, you could do it yourself.  A Gemtech Outback suppressor I have uses a similar type of endcap like your ruger, and I got a face spanner wrench to remove/secure it.  I think it was $12 on amazon.  You just need one that has the correct size nubs.  

If only they had a phone number or a way to contact them directly so you could ask them....

Customer Service - Prescott, AZ

200 Ruger Road, Prescott, AZ 86301

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 928-541-8835

(Monday through Friday 6:00am - 4:00pm MST)
View Quote

Yeah, I hate phones lol.

and yes, I could get/make a spanner.. but there is a very specific in lb number ruger wants, and it is proprietary.  I did find a number one time, but cant again.. and not sure if id trust it.  I also dont have a torque wrench that small.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe there is a booth at security to drop a firearm, but it won’t he done while you wait most likely.  More likely they will ship it back later
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe there is a booth at security to drop a firearm, but it won’t he done while you wait most likely.  More likely they will ship it back later
View Quote

Yeah, that is kinda what I expected truthfully.  I did not expect same day turnaround.  I was just looking for another reason for a Prescott trip.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, that is kinda what I expected truthfully.  I did not expect same day turnaround.  I was just looking for another reason for a Prescott trip.
View Quote
You mean getting out of the heat is enough of a reason....
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:47:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't we already have an employee of Ruger a member over here? InspectorM might be his handle. It's been awhile so I dunno.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, I hate phones lol.

and yes, I could get/make a spanner.. but there is a very specific in lb number ruger wants, and it is proprietary.  I did find a number one time, but cant again.. and not sure if id trust it.  I also dont have a torque wrench that small.
View Quote

I have a Snap-on 1/4 drive torque wrench.  Inch pounds.

You can borrow it if needed.  I’ll be back home next week.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
A Google search shows you are far from the first person to have this issue.  

Many people just used loctite to put it back on.  It doesn't appear the torque setting makes too much of a difference.  

If it were my pistol, I'd just find a spanner wrench to put it back on, loctite or rockset, and call it a day.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I was curious about being able to drop something off in person as well.  My 10/22 takedown has a bulged(?) chamber and I can’t get the barrel off.  Was hoping I could drop it off while out for a drive getting out of The Valley.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was curious about being able to drop something off in person as well.  My 10/22 takedown has a bulged(?) chamber and I can’t get the barrel off.  Was hoping I could drop it off while out for a drive getting out of The Valley.
View Quote

I would call ahead and ask.  The 10/22 is not made in Prescott IIRC (just handguns and some of the older PCCs).  They might let you drop it and ship it themselves, but you’d have to ask them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I just went through this with a buddy's 1911 maybe 3 months ago.
It was way off and neither he or a gunsmith could get the rear sight to budge, he called and arraigned to drop it off at the little security shed.
Nice lunch in Jerome and back home, we made another trip a couple of weeks later to pick it up.
Mailing it in is easier but if you want to drive on by the will still do it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just went through this with a buddy's 1911 maybe 3 months ago.
It was way off and neither he or a gunsmith could get the rear sight to budge, he called and arraigned to drop it off at the little security shed.
Nice lunch in Jerome and back home, we made another trip a couple of weeks later to pick it up.
Mailing it in is easier but if you want to drive on by the will still do it.
View Quote

Sweet!  TY Sir.

Well... We did make it to Prescott... But it turned into a drinking trip and never made it to Ruger.  Looks like a second trip is warranted.

I drank mead, whiskey, and bourbon all day long then spent the night at a VRBO just off the square.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top