Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2021 5:56:46 AM EDT
I was reading something about what pelosi is going to do about Texas's new abortion law and I thought to my self how crazy it is that somebody from San Francisco is trying to change a law in Texas. I know Florida and Texas seem to both be pushing the envelope lately. I feel that it's almost coming to seceding from the union. It's almost the only option. A while back I had researched which states were the most red (looking for a place to move) and I found out that Mississippi and Alabama we're almost the reddest states and Louisiana was also very red. It'd be perfect if all gulf coast states secede, that way all the way from Texas to Florida could all be one new country.
It'll probably never happen I guess.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a Texit signing petition in my area today.  Thanks for reminding me I need to go sign up!

As to your question, I fly the Texas Independence flag on my flagpole.

Sempre Fi
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#2]
No.

I think we would survive just fine as we have a very diverse and strong economy as far as states go. The biggest concern is some of the federal infrastructure money for highways and such.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Would we like too? Yes. Will it ever happen? No.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t think seceding, but Texas and other states forming their own country once the U.S. has destroyed it self which could happen in the near future. One big advantage we would have is we would be able to keep ‘the lights on’ and have our own natural gas and oil. Texas would be pretty good at running itself without federal help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Some kind of regional autonomy, stripping the feds of most power.  Tenth Amendment power.

Or, if push comes to shove, split from the whole program and invite the resident leftists to depart.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]I know Florida and Texas seem to both be pushing the envelope lately.
View Quote

Florida and Texas are not pushing the envelope. The left are the ones doing that. Amazing that they can convince people of such crap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Secede like there are only 49 states now? Nevahgonnahappen.

Form own country with or without other states after US as a whole fails, like we see in other countries (USSR, Yugoslavia, etc.)? Sure.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.

I think we would survive just fine as we have a very diverse and strong economy as far as states go. The biggest concern is some of the zfederal infrastructure money for highways and such.
View Quote

Texas sends more money to the Feds than we get back.  The biggest benefit is probably the nearly unrestricted trade with the other states.

Additionally if you look at Brexit restoring those trading conditions can be quite difficult leading up to and after a split.

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Saying it is one thing, fighting for it is another.  

There is no way it would happen without a fight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Secede like there are only 49 states now? Nevahgonnahappen.

Form own country with or without other states after US as a whole fails, like we see in other countries (USSR, Yugoslavia, etc.)? Sure.
View Quote
^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Securing our border would be a good start.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Too many imports from from the states we are trying to get away from for it to happen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No.

I think we would survive just fine as we have a very diverse and strong economy as far as states go. The biggest concern is some of the federal infrastructure money for highways and such.
View Quote

Texas residents and businesses pay more in then we get out....
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Too many imports from from the states we are trying to get away from for it to happen.
View Quote

Why can't it be peaceful and still have free trade?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People, not goods.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

States seceding from countries means that the countries cede power from them, and no one likes to give up power.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:53:01 AM EDT
[#18]
No.
Just like the fed gov, governors and local politicians in this nation do not run on principles and are merely creatures of the swamp.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Would we like too? Yes. Will it ever happen? No.
View Quote

This.

Also doubt that after 1861-1865 that Uncle is going to let any State(s) exit "The Union" again ...
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I would hope to do so,look at where this country is heading. Also Xiden is going to probably come up with ways to ostracize people who don't want the vaccine. Balkenization of the red states or secession seems like a possibility with the direction and speed we are traveling.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#21]
How about now?

Seems a good enough reason to kick every Fed out of the State.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How about now?

Seems a good enough reason to kick every Fed out of the State.
View Quote

I am with you in this one.

Time to make this place as desirable as Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Nope
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope, if one state did it, more dominoes would fall after that.  The fed government and powers behind the curtain would never allow that to happen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Never going to happen. Texas still relies on federal funds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Way too many liberals in this state now .  They run all the big cities.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#27]
We have to take Oklahoma with us.  I Know we don't want too but its the RIGHT thing to do.

And then we take the top four states of Mexico and clean that shit up.  Give them a constitution and get them squared away.

Then we take New Mexico and Colorado In just because they were part of Texas to start with.  They may not want to go but there are enough patriots there and it would take minimal killing to clean the commies out.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nope, if one state did it, more dominoes would fall after that.  The fed government and powers behind the curtain would never allow that to happen.
View Quote

See "Insurrection of 1861-1865" (an actual "Armed
Insurrection" )
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#29]
One  problem would be is how to get rid of the commies.
Even the stealth commies who pretend to be conservative and love freedom but are in fact materialist scum.
They will say or do anything
Pretend to be all “y’all know me. I’m just a good ole boy”
Fuckers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top