Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2020 3:43:11 PM EDT
Do you know anyone who has Covid 19 or who has died from it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but that person has not died. The first test was inconclusive and the second test was positive.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.. don't know anyone.. but at work, I've heard a few people have had it, but I don't know those people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I know one at work that tested positive. Dont know her current condition. Know several others waiting on test results and currently quarantined.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Not personally, but that may change, I hope it stays that way. As I've said for two weeks now, the next weeks will be telling. It's definitely spreading.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I know more people with It than I have fingers, and possibly toes too. Not sure if any have died, yet.

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Friend down the street caught it while on a girls ski trip to Sun Valley, which apparently is a hot spot for the illness in Idaho. All the other girls on the trip did, too. They didn't realize it was Covid 19 until after one got tested after their return to Seattle. They all flew back together. Probably inadvertently killed some older person on the flight in the process without realizing it. Friend is fine now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, someone who was at the kirkland life center.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If you had asked me this in September I would believe I had it.  I was super sick for almost a month and even after it was over I had a nagging cough for a few more weeks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I swear I had it and so has my daughter and now wife. We aren’t dying so we weren’t tested but were given albuterol and told to stay inside.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I swear I had it and so has my daughter and now wife. We aren’t dying so we weren’t tested but were given albuterol and told to stay inside.
View Quote

I thought using steroids wasn't advised?

Edit: Ignore posts after arguing with family.

Albuterol good, steroids bad.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Guy at work in a different unit just tested positive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Albuterol isn't a roid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Over here on the east side of the state we have not seen as many cases.  I had 2 of my guys get tested that had low grade fevers, took 10 days to get test results, both negative.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Albuterol isn't a roid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Albuterol isn't a roid.

I dunno, I'm not a doctor, nor have played one on TV.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Albuterol isn't a roid.
View Quote

Sorry I was being a bit of an idiot, I was just talking with a family member who calls everything albuterol, even when it's not (e.g. Flovent).

Carry on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Edit: Ignore posts after arguing with family.

Albuterol good, steroids bad.

View Quote

Kind of.  If you're asthmatic on inhaled steroids, the latest recommendations I saw were to stay on them.  Systemic steroids are generally contraindicated except for some specific circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes. A co worker and her husband - very sick but recovered at home.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Couple coworkers had it but recovered, one had it pretty bad and is fine today, another said it was like a nasty cold but is also doing good.  I haven’t seen them in person for well over a month as I’ve been telecommuting for quite some time
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I did not personally know her but my roommate's coworker died. That's when this all hit a little too close to home. I know alot of people that know people that are sick. I expect the one degree of separation to go to no degree of separation soon. My sister got tested two days ago and she lives in the hot zone of NJ.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
A friends wife may have it but could be the standard flu or cold. She was on quarantine as a coworker of hers did have it.

My wife is an ICU nurse and has been taking care of c19 patients. Some have recovered and some not. If you have any pre existing conditions it’s not to be messed with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Apparently there were more positive hits at my work place.. so they are not shutting down for 2 weeks.. though through all this shutdown our company is considered "essential" and we could have worked.. so that must have been a tough choice for upper management to pull the plug.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Not here in WA, yet.  Just found out an aunt and uncle (in-law) in Bozeman have it.  The family is shocked to hear.  They have not been out and about at all.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#23]
A good friend of mine has it, but is asymptomatic. One member of his family brought it to a family celebration three and a half weeks ago.  All 22 have it or are presumed to have it.  Two are in ICU on intubation.  One is 85, the other 52.  The other 20 seem OK.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A friends wife may have it but could be the standard flu or cold. She was on quarantine as a coworker of hers did have it.

My wife is an ICU nurse and has been taking care of c19 patients. Some have recovered and some not. If you have any pre existing conditions it’s not to be messed with.
View Quote

Please tell your wife that your weird friends on ARFCOM wish her the best and Thanks!  You guys take care.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#25]
An acquaintances father passed away from it Saturday.  Don't know many details outside that though.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Please tell your wife that your weird friends on ARFCOM wish her the best and Thanks!  You guys take care.
View Quote

Will do!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#27]
No I don't
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#28]
My roommate's friend was just admitted to the ER for the coronavirus.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#29]
My late 20s daughter and her husband both had it; they live in Brooklyn.  She's over it now, and he's past the middle and getting better.  Both had the apparently COVID-19 standard "you feel almost normal for 12-18 hours and then get worse again".  Hers was more mild than his.  She said she had a tightness when breathing deeply; he said it felt like a linebacker was sitting on his chest.  Today the linebacker is gone, so that's good.

Also an EMT friend of mine in Kirkland had a moderate case in early March.  No testing, but she had all the symptoms.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Neighbor two houses down had it. Currently recovering and family is quarantined in their house.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I am sure I had it the entire month of February (Before testing).  Had been in Seattle and the international district 2 weeks prior.  Tore all the muscles in my stomach and opened a small hernia from coughing.  Walked around with a "cough pillow" for a week.  Worst respiratory thing I have ever had.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Not personally, but a neighbor who works at a large meat processing plant had a person pass due to Covid19.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#33]
A couple in their 60s that are friends of ours. She was in the hospital for a couple weeks and recovered ok. He was in a coma and on full life support for a week and a half but made it out of the hospital after a month and just came home.

My dad who some of you know, was at the life care center in kirkland when this popped off but has somehow avoided the virus. We are looking forward to having him come home from the hospital tomorrow on unrelated respiratory issues. This has been a tough stint because absolutely no visitors have been allowed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Just heard that a small town near by, the owner of the Mexican store/restaurant passed early April.  And his 10yr old boy was the other day. I did not know his son, but the older siblings in MS/HS, at one point (few years ago) rode on my school bus route.....  Bad part is, this person also ran a mobile food truck going to farms to feed farm workers/crews.   Some employees of some farms are positive.... these are the "essential" employees that usually are out and about....
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Yes my son is just recovering from it he had pneumonia, twice he went to the ER was tested each time came back negative. That second one they called to tell him he was positive. Washington

A family friend who had Alzheimer's late stage was taken to the hospital on Saturday under the direction from her physician. By Sunday she was dead. Her covid test was positive. So now her daughter and husband are in quarantine. New York

Another close friend is waiting on results they fear they were infect by someone that was doing hivac repairs in the home. Florida
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:58:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Pretty sure my MIL and FIL had it in Jan. Spot on symptoms ended up in hospitalization and recovery center for my MIL. While she was there the place ended up locked down and nobody was allowed to visit. She made it through and is as ornery as ever, maybe even more so now. FIL had to go two rounds of Z packs and still had it come back a few weeks after but it wasn't as severe. He never got the pneumonia like my MIL did.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Sadly I've lost a couple of older neighbors.

Nobody had COVID19 in Seattle in January. The Seattle Flu Study just completed re-testing all flu tests from January onwards and the first case is still the February case we already knew about.

If COVID19 was circulating in January, people would have been dying in January from COVID19, and they weren't.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a couple of friends (50 years old) that have recovered from it. They said it sucked but their all good now. My kid got tested at the doctors and was negative. He had a bad fever and dry cough. The doctor said he probably had it but the test was wrong. He said he’s seen families come in and half of them tested positive and half negative. They all had the same symptoms at the same time. The tests aren’t perfect.  He figures that my family has all had it since this kid was the last to have what we’ve all had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top