Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2024 11:49:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher]
The thread in GD about rally racing reminded me of the 100 Acre Wood rally out of Salem, Mo. I've attended as a spectator a couple of times. Seeing that thread inspired me to maybe go back this year. International class auto racing in the heart of Missouri's Ozarks. It's a hoot . . .

It's scheduled for March 15-16. Here's the details: https://www.americanrallyassociation.org/100aw

Best of 100 Acre Wood Rally 2021 - Maximum Attack, Pure Sound, Action

Some good in-car video on this one:

Ken Block Attempts an 8th Win at The Rally in The 100 Acre Wood
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
A few of the guys from my Ham club volunteer to provide radio coms, between checkpoints..

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:50:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
A few of the guys from my Ham club volunteer to provide radio coms, between checkpoints..
View Quote

I've seen those guys. They set up all around the course. I don't know how they would do communications without them. The race stretches across huge sections of the Mark Twain Forest and it can be miles between checkpoints. I'm sure those Ham operators are vital to pulling the thing off.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
My family goes every year.  There is also a regional event in November that is just in Potosi, Washington County.  It doesn't have the bigger names like 100 Acre but it is a fun event.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad you posted this because I've been wanting to attend again. I went as a spectator many years ago and parked myself at one of the hairpins. Bringing the wife this time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Two of my friends race in it.  I've crewed for them a few times and also marshalled once.

Things usually start well.... but it's all duct tape, field welds, and Teks screws by the end!
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PlaysWithAtoms:
Two of my friends race in it.  I've crewed for them a few times and also marshalled once.

Things usually start well.... but it's all duct tape, field welds, and Teks screws by the end!
View Quote

That sounds like hay season on the farm!
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Man ... I hit that about ten years ago with my then BIL, and had a ball. Pastrana was the big draw that year, but everyone stuck around to cheer for the dude in the roached out Ford Fiesta, running as hard as he could with the Raptor track truck right on his ass. :-D
Having a radio to listen to the race communications was definitely worthwhile.
Might have to make it back next spring.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By smullen:

View Quote

The old geezer with the stainless jeep is my business partner, lol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PlaysWithAtoms:

View Quote

I will have to look over the insurance policy on my Subaru before signing up.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top