Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2018 11:19:45 AM EDT
We are spending 8/1-8/5 in Destin and need some first hand knowledge of things to do with kids ages 6&3. We found a rental house on Miramar and already have the spot booked. We now just need ideas on what to do. We already plan on spending a lot of time at the beach and have a few eating places already picked out. Ideas?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We are spending 8/1-8/5 in Destin and need some first hand knowledge of things to do with kids ages 6&3. We found a rental house on Miramar and already have the spot booked. We now just need ideas on what to do. We already plan on spending a lot of time at the beach and have a few eating places already picked out. Ideas?
View Quote
Have only spent 5 days in the area, but Fudpuckers seemed like a restaurant the kids would love.  Fun food, writing your name on the wall, and feeding gators.  Walking the boardwalk and watching the fishing charters unloading fish was neat.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have only spent 5 days in the area, but Fudpuckers seemed like a restaurant the kids would love.  Fun food, writing your name on the wall, and feeding gators.  Walking the boardwalk and watching the fishing charters unloading fish was neat.
View Quote
I plan on buying fresh seafood every day and cooking it on the grill. Probably the most excited about that out everything.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked walking the Harbor Walk in Destin, seeing what the charters caught, watching them filleted on the dock.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to Crab Island  QUICK, before the Okaloosa County Commission Mafia tax and regulate it out of existence, so tourist spend all their money on the locally owned by wonderful people boardwalk.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to Crab Island  QUICK, before the Okaloosa County Commission Mafia tax and regulate it out of existence, so tourist spend all their money on the locally owned by wonderful people boardwalk.
View Quote
I know there is some sarcasm in there somewhere but care to elaborate? I'm not from Destin so I have no clue what you're talking about other than maybe the obvious tourist attractions are owned by a select few people who are at war with crab Island.  I'm just looking for some family activities for the family.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't get seasick, I would recommend doing a sunset/dolphin tour. The kids will love seeing dolphins, and it's much nicer to be out on the water that time of day when it's not so hot. My good friend's company is one of the best on the Harbor, Flipper's Adventures.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Crab Island is near the boardwalk.  It is a sand bar with food truck boats, bounce houses, bars, and lots of fun things for the whole family.  Suddenly the Okaloosa County Commission decided people were having fun and a certain bigwig isn't getting his cut.  Now they want a law that every vendor will have to pay a $1,000 a month tax and move their boats/bounce houses/etc. to a dock every night, then back the next morning.  All the Mon & Pop's will go broke.

What we think will come next:
Next year, a certain bigwig will get a sole source contract to provide food, beverage and bounce houses at Crab Island.  He will only pay $1,000 for everything instead of per vendor.  The County Commisioners sock puppets will get hefty campaign contributions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top