Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 11:40:04 PM EDT
Hello from Nevada! The wife and I will be visiting our son and family during Christmas. He is stationed there at Fort Myer with The Old Guard.
Anyway he has some deer tags and has not had any luck nor has not had a lot of time, he has never harvested a deer or any big game. I was hoping that by reaching out here someone might be able to point us to some good public land with good hunting prospects.
Thanks for any help I can get :)
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The only hunting in NOVA is going to be urban archery.

If you travel a little ways outside of NOVA, there's plenty of places to go. https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/publiclands/
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
It still is a bit of a PITA compared to the National Forests and state hunting areas.

Most are well west and south of NoVA though.

Staying in a hotel/motel overnight often becomes an additional cost.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I do appreciate the input and we will see what we can do with the info.  There is huge difference in the way you guys hunt back that way and how we do it out here lol... We have tons of public land and even large private land is mostly available to hunt unless they post it. We are not aposed to driving a couple hours at all hell we have to drive a hour 1/2 just to get to a Walmart. Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top