Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2020 7:22:26 PM EDT
Recently picked up a GoPro so I can be the next world famous blogger. Ok, not so much but been playing around trying to figure this damn thing out. Recording is easy enough but video editing....Oh my.

Anyways the GoPro editing softrware is pretty damn basic. I'll need to upghrade to something better. But its still a deception pass sunset.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That's actually cool.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Deception pass was pretty cool
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Recently picked up a GoPro so I can be the next world famous blogger. Ok, not so much but been playing around trying to figure this damn thing out. Recording is easy enough but video editing....Oh my.

Anyways the GoPro editing softrware is pretty damn basic. I'll need to upghrade to something better. But its still a deception pass sunset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjtj8SETro
View Quote

That was awesome!!  Thank you for sharing with us!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
No problem sharing. The music is a bit derpy but the GoPro software gives shit for options. I want to try this again using a 2 second time lapse, this one was done using 5 seconds. 5 seconds looks really good for the clouds and sun, but the water ends up being pretty fast which I think would look better at a 2 second interval. Course then the video is twice as long, as I'd need to cut some.

Really, just trying to figure out how to take good videos and edit them. You guys are my guinea pigs, how do you feel about that?!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
What's cool is that there was zero boat traffic, either through the pass or in the background for the whole clip.  At least, I didn't notice any.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's cool is that there was zero boat traffic, either through the pass or in the background for the whole clip.  At least, I didn't notice any.....
View Quote
Good eyes, you are correct. Oddly, I had went out the week before and caught a few boats, but no planes. This time when we went as you say not one damn boat but we saw.....9 or 10 planes? All looked military (Certainly the fighter jets were), 1 passenger body plane but not sure if it was commercial or military (Or even private perhaps).

The time lapse doesnt lend itself well to planes AT ALL, but if you are sharp eyed I think you can catch a few points where a plane was caught. I think right at the beginning, just to the right of the big tree on the left, then again around 9 seconds just slightly above and to the right of the sun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top