Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2020 10:25:56 AM EDT
Anybody here play at all? Looking at getting a gun and getting back into it for fun. Played a bit back in the day when I lived in England around 2000-2003 but havent done anyhting since then.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to play a lot but haven't played since I moved here. I still have all my gear but my spine hates me so I can't play again until after I have back surgery and recover

The only field I'm aware of is near Waxahachie but I haven't driven down there yet.

It's a great team sport and pretty physically demanding. I can't wait to get my A&K M60E4 out again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Check these guys out....

https://www.airsoftgi.com/

Big selection of guns and gear, and they run a field somewhere...not far from Rifle Gear Plano, and Scheels, so you can buy some real stuff too...
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 98kGuy:
Check these guys out....

https://www.airsoftgi.com/

Big selection of guns and gear, and they run a field somewhere...not far from Rifle Gear Plano, and Scheels, so you can buy some real stuff too...
View Quote

I'll check them out next time I'm in that area.

@RandomGuy1911A1
Let me know if you start going again. I want to get a GBB to mimic my SBR and GBB G17 so it will be the same as my live load out. Still trying to figure out which brand I want though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#4]
KWA and Tokyo Marui make the best GBBs. TM is kinda underpowered but there are plenty of upgrades out there for them. I'll hit you up when I recover.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
GI Tactical is in Dallas. They're a local store owned/run by Airsoft GI, one of the huge internet retailers. I REALLY don't like them because of some stuff they screwed up when that store opened, but I just tend to hold a grudge too much.

I've heard D14 is a great field, but I've never been (I normally play Texas Paintball and Temple Airsoft since I'm down in Austin).
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
DFW adventure park

This place is near 35W and 114, close to the race track. Never been there but it says they do airsoft. Was gonna shoot sporting clays there but that part was severely flood damaged.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GI Tactical is in Dallas. They're a local store owned/run by Airsoft GI, one of the huge internet retailers. I REALLY don't like them because of some stuff they screwed up when that store opened, but I just tend to hold a grudge too much.

I've heard D14 is a great field, but I've never been (I normally play Texas Paintball and Temple Airsoft since I'm down in Austin).
View Quote

D14 is legit.  I take my son and his friends up there a couple times a month(when its open).  Well run place and everyone is super friendly, they even have a chunky cat running around called dog or something like that
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

D14 is legit.  I take my son and his friends up there a couple times a month(when its open).  Well run place and everyone is super friendly, they even have a chunky cat running around called dog or something like that
View Quote

How big a crowd do they get on Sundays? I might have to drive up there sometime.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
These guys are down in Waxahachie. They seemed like very nice guys when I was out there to fix the BRDM-2.

A Soviet BDRM-2 That's Used For Airsoft

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems like all of these are bit of a drive for me but would be alright for a full day,
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I am very interested in playing, anywhere within a couple hours of the metroplex.  I've been playing paintball on and off since the early 2000's but I'd really like to get into airsoft.

We ought to organize a day for ar15.com members to meet up and play.  I don't have any airsoft gear, so suggestions on specific M4, Glock, and maybe AK variants are appreciated.  I'm not looking to spend stupid money, but I like getting good gear that lasts.  I could see spending $400-$500 easy, more if there's justification.  I'll just sell some of my unused paintball gear.  I could probably pull a few friends into coming as well.

Let me know.  If you're serious about playing, message me and I'll shoot over my ph#.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am very interested in playing, anywhere within a couple hours of the metroplex.  I've been playing paintball on and off since the early 2000's but I'd really like to get into airsoft.

We ought to organize a day for ar15.com members to meet up and play.  I don't have any airsoft gear, so suggestions on specific M4, Glock, and maybe AK variants are appreciated.  I'm not looking to spend stupid money, but I like getting good gear that lasts.  I could see spending $400-$500 easy, more if there's justification.  I'll just sell some of my unused paintball gear.  I could probably pull a few friends into coming as well.

Let me know.  If you're serious about playing, message me and I'll shoot over my ph#.
View Quote

For AR's, I've personally used a VFC, G&G, and KWA M4 variants...and my wife has a Lancer Tactical. If you can afford it, I'd go VFC for $300-ish. G&G and VFC are both made in Tiawan (not commie china).

For AK's, CYMA has a good reputation but I have no personal experience with them.

For Glocks, your options are either Elite Force (an importer that sells VFC and KWJ made pistols...you'd need to disassemble the gun to figure out who made any specific gun) for around $150, or you order an unlicensed WE or TM pistol from an Asian importer and hope it doesn't get nabbed in customs. Pistols are so rarely used in actual games I'd just skip it completely. Guns will run on "green gas", and mags are usually around $40 because the mag holds gas and the valve system (in addition to BBs).

Expect to spend $50-$100 on GOOD eye protection and face protection. OneTigris face masks beat most other brands (soft sides allow you to get your cheek closer to the stock). I use ESS goggles that are overpriced and the fan broke...my wife uses Valken Tactical googles that are nicer than my ESS for like $40.

Expect to spend $20 for a charger, $20 for a battery. I'd recommend a 9.6v NiMH battery; the 7.4v lipo's made my gun feel sluggish (longer delay between pulling the trigger and actual firing), and the 11.1v lipo batteries made the gun cycle violently fast and felt like something was going to break.

Most guns will come with a 'highcap' mag (300+ BBs, but it needs to be wound up periodically and rattles). You can get midcap (140-ish rd, no rattle) mags for $10-$15 each. If you have a KWA gun get KWA mags because KWA has feeding issues...for other guns, I don't have any specific recommendations. You want to buy a speedloader ($8-$10) to load your midcaps.

By heavy (0.25g to 0.30g) BBs...0.30g preferred. They have a slower muzzle velocity, but the higher ballistic coefficient of the heavier BBs allow them to retain energy better and the total flight time to target is about the same, and they get blown around less in the wind.

Personally, I prefer magnified optics so I can see where the BBs are going. Wind is a big deal with little BBs. I use an old Tasco 1.5-4x. Airsoft BBs *WILL* break lenses, including lenses on expensive stuff like eotechs (for some reason, eotechs get shot a lot more than other optics...), so get some kind of sacrificial lens system.

Also, let me know a couple weeks before the game...I should be available most Sundays. Pew pew pew.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How big a crowd do they get on Sundays? I might have to drive up there sometime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drop them off around 9-930 and they would play until 5pm.  I'd seen 100+ people before ages 13-50.  I was actually amazed at the number of people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top