Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2018 11:57:08 AM EDT
Is this area the ghetto?  I need somewhere to park my Jeep for a few hours this evening
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Town East mall is pretty sketchy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, NO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You might do slightly better parking at the Home Depot across the highway or the Kroger on Gus Thomasson just down Town East Drive. There's also a Walmart grocery store at Town East Drive and Galloway.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd park in front of the Academy Sports nearby. Sorta sketchy though with car break-ins even in that lot though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Might be safer to park it at North Mesquite High School
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Gotta be a joke question, right?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta be a joke question, right?
View Quote
of course, because everyone knows everything about everywhere.

are you an idiot or do you just play on on the internet?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad I'm late, I would have let you park in front of my house

Next time I would suggest the Chick-fil-A parking lot that basically connects to the mall parking lot. If anybody tries to break into your vehicle, they will probably be 50 Witnesses

Unless it's Sunday
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
And technically it is Mesquite. We have our own brand of ghetto-ness, but at least we're not Dallas
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Too bad I'm late, I would have let you park in front of my house

Next time I would suggest the Chick-fil-A parking lot that basically connects to the mall parking lot. If anybody tries to break into your vehicle, they will probably be 50 Witnesses

Unless it's Sunday
View Quote
thanks. ended up not doing it.
I was picking up my Jeep from BaerTrax in NW Dallas, then going with wife to Greenville. Heep wasnt ready in time so she went to Greenville and I came home
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And technically it is Mesquite. We have our own brand of ghetto-ness, but at least we're not Dallas
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]
That was the ghetto a decade ago when I left South Dallas, I'm sure its worse now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I moved here eight and a half years and the ghetto level is just about the same.  I don't feel unsafe going about in the daytime.  I sure can't say the same for much of Dallas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

of course, because everyone knows everything about everywhere.

are you an idiot or do you just play on on the internet?
View Quote

I thought you lived here. Guess not.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I live in south of Balch Springs, in 17 minutes I can be at the Lowes in Forney Or Buccee's in Terrell. We end up going over to Forney a lot to eat instead of going to Mesquite. Baptist church is building a big mega church over there. Catholic church in Talty is planning a pretty nice 750 seat church right there off I20. Terrell has some decent eatin places too and they're fixing to drop in a huge shopping complex next to Buccee's.

If someone would drop one of those nice outdoor style malls out there in Forney, Town East would completely go the way of Big Town and Red Bird malls. I never thought Prestonwood or Valley View would die, but once people have an option, so long cash flow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I worked for several retailers all over DFW. Nowhere is really good.  Some have more real security than others. Thugs flock towards retail businesses. Northpark and Vista Ridge are now as bad as what Valley View had turned into.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top