Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2020 10:36:01 AM EDT
View Quote
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/department-homeland-security-new-york-trusted-traveler-programs/index.html

This one has me laughing my butt off. It was announced last night by the DHS Secretary on Tucker Carlson and hit the news this morning. It could not please me more that New Yorkers who support the New York State Dimwits and all their crazy new laws will pay a heavy price at the Federal level. My next hope is they invalidate all our NYS drivers licenses (Real ID, Enhanced) for Federal purposes as well. While I have a Real ID, I am covered with a Passport Card so I could care less.

Perhaps if all the Progressive supporters of the New York State agenda start having to put their livelihoods and travel freedoms on the line they might just start singing a different tune. It is interesting that even California, the land of the car, has never gone as far as New York in banning DMV access to the Federal government.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Great. Thanks Il Duce!

It’s not just the NYC dimwits.   Many Upstate business travelers rely on Global Entry.  Without it, it’s more time away from family, more time on the road, and more business expenses.

I don’t blame DHS for restricting enhanced licenses and such but Global Entry is well vetted. I had to go to LAX to get my interview.  So I’d have to agree in part, the blanket ban is vindictive.

Why not just arrest NY judges that release criminal aliens?   Make NYS drivers licenses not valid ID for anything federal?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Good NYS needs to be spanked for the bs they pull..

All NYS drivers license should be invalidated.. no way to tell the difference from a citizen vs an illegal..

Goes for voting, benefits (snap) etc...
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Time to get a passport card, let me passport expire years ago, I guess I now have an excuse.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Wife and my final interview appointment was February 18th. Doesn't look like Nexus for us anytime soon. Thanks Andy
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
There’s the last straw, but NYS is the Bottom of the Barrel.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There’s the last straw, but NYS is the Bottom of the Barrel.
View Quote
Ye of little faith!  As you say this, Il Duce is saying "Hold my beer!"
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Il Duce announced yesterday that New York State will be suing the federal government over this rule. Of course that will take months and the real question will be whether or not an injunction is issued in the interim. Local NYC TV had interviews with people who were showing up for their interviews only to be turned away due to the new rule kicking in so fast and not having been notified of their meeting cancellation. Too funny.

As I mentioned above, DHS could really stick it to New York by no longer accepting Real ID or Enhanced licenses for Federal purposes until they again get access to the DMV records (which actually makes more sense since I imagine right now the Feds have no way to verify the validity my NYS driver license). Perhaps that would get the attention of the electorate that blindly keeps voting our dimwits into office. While I got the Real ID back in May, I have a passport card and even used that as one of my documents to get the Read ID.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I have the paperwork on my desk for a passport and passport card. I don’t travel internationally, but the prospect of my enhanced license being rejected is going to cost me $175. New York just keeps breaking it off inside us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top