Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Videos from Sunday in Dallas

And bonus from UTD
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a number of Christmas events downtown this weekend.  So far I haven't seen any plans online to protest or otherwise disrupt those events, but it would follow similar tactics in NYC etc.

Holiday Parade Saturday 9-11am
Christmas Tree Lighting at KWP 3-6pm
A bunch of others at Dealy Plaza etc
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
This weekend at Dallas City Hall.  They actually found a muslim group they can get along with?

Attachment Attached File

Last weekend - posting just for records, and interesting to see a very targeted protest crowd.  Also would be interested to see the demographics of doctors versus nurses versus cleaning crews at SWMD...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Pics from last weekend:
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Pics from last weekend:
View Quote

I know that person. She was going to law school.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#6]
I was downtown Friday and saw a bunch of preps for the Pro-Israel rally at city hall, tons of pedestrian barriers up all over the plaza.  I have not been able to find anything reporting on the event today.

Leaking out into local politics

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Pro-abortion rally Saturday 12/16 noon at Main Street Garden Park in Dallas
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/5yzyzuqmqp5c1_png-3056755.JPG
View Quote

Reddit has been all over this since Paxton shut the court down that OK'ed it.
I did see a post somewhere she has gone out of state to have the procedure done anyway.
If this was an option form day one, why the court challenge?
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
If this was an option form day one, why the court challenge?
View Quote

It's called Attention Whoring...  and quite prevalent on the left side of the aisle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Reported by a coworker whose case was delayed by this protest.  Asking local governments to make statements on shithole countries policies are deeply unserious.  Governments need to grow a spine to stick to their responsibilities.  And the 19th Amendment was a temendous mistake.  

Dallas does better by limiting the open mic night to a certain number of speakers before a meeting, then the others can go on and on when the reasonable people are done.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/plano-city-council-israel-hamas-cease-fire
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/5yzyzuqmqp5c1_png-3056755.JPG
View Quote

Different location

BANS RISE UP 4 OFF OUR ABORTION RIGHTS BODIES
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:41:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Just random Americans keeping you safe at the mall

https://old.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/18wozaf/grapevine_mills_mall_security_guard_makes_tiktok/
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#15]
13 arrested after blocking Dallas Love Field entrance during Gaza war protest

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/13-pro-palestinian-protestors-arrested-after-blocking-dallas-love-field-entrance/3428863/

Police arrested over a dozen protestors blocking the entrance of Dallas Love Field against the Gaza war on Monday evening.

The Dallas Police Department said officers responded to reports of protestors blocking traffic at the intersection of Mockingbird Lane and Herb Kelleher Way around 6:20 p.m.

Protesters were demonstrating outside the airport in support of Palestine and calling on President Joe Biden to pursue a ceasefire, according to NBC 5's Keenan Willard.

Police said they gave the protestors three warnings to clear the roadway, but they refused. As a result, 13 demonstrators were arrested and charged with obstruction of a highway or other passageways.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]

R/Dallas is a trip. These are the same people claiming "the hottest summer ever" we're all gonna die are now crying about next week's cold snap, Climate Change, we're all gonna die.
Asshats.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I had almost posted last night to bump and say "not hearing about anything", but then I guess the terrorists had another march today in downtown Dallas.  Those do-rags coming in handy in the cold.  Attendance 150 maybe.  Couple pics and the usual argument:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/19cew8z/going_down_elm_in_downtown/
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 2:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joemama74] [#19]
Attachment Attached File

I'm not sure what category this goes under. I wasn't involved. It's in the city. Fire came out, hosed it down once. 2 hours later is was burning, but much smaller. I don't think Dallas PD ever came.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By joemama74:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166748/notgoodbonfire_jpg-3103381.JPG

I'm not sure what category this goes under. I wasn't involved. It's in the city. Fire came out, hosed it down once. 2 hours later is was burning, but much smaller. I don't think Dallas PD ever came.
View Quote

Flier made me think it was a doobie smoking event
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:30:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#21]
DMN article on new NGO industrial complex entity: Christians Against Christian Nationalism
Christian nationalism is a large threat in North Texas, says local organizer
In the News: Faith category.  Organization names to watch are bolded.
Christians Against Christian Nationalism is a project of the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, a nonprofit based in Washington, D.C. In her work for the project, Jacob is focused on educating North Texans on what she sees as the dangers of Christian nationalism and mobilizing concerned residents to speak and vote against bills that may threaten protections for religious minorities.

Christians Against Christian Nationalism is advocating against implementation of the new Texas law that allows public schools to employ chaplains, including unlicensed ones, with money earmarked for school safety.

Last year, the group helped organize chaplains across Texas to sign a statement opposing the law before it was enacted in September. Now, Jacob is focused on the March deadline by which all Texas school districts will vote individually on whether to use their safety funding to pay chaplains. Her organization is creating educational resources to help people learn when their school boards are voting on the proposal and how it would impact them.

Jacob’s organization chose North Texas to hire its first field organizer for two reasons, she said. “The threat of Christian nationalism is large in our region, but it’s a place that we’ve had strong existing partnerships as well.”

Local partners include Fellowship Southwest, the Hispanic Baptist Convention of Texas and Faith Commons, in addition to churches committed to fighting Christian nationalism. The group has built a “bipartisan coalition” of area residents, Jacob said, which “lends itself to lots of diverse perspectives and ideas.”

“It’s people that are committed to living out their faith. Faith is not a theoretical thing for them or a thing that is private, but faith becomes the thing that compels them to love their neighbor well, and that is fighting against Christian nationalism in this way.”

Joy Ashford covers faith and religion in North Texas for The Dallas Morning News through a partnership with Report for America.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Denton going to Denton

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#23]
No protest to keep TC Broadnax?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#24]
No protest to keep TC Broadnax?
View Quote

Shows how disconnected I've gotten from City Hall, I hadn't even heard until now.

I dunno, I was neutral on him compared to Ware, Suhm, and AC400.  He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would, but looking at the historical list I'm surprised how long they all stick around.  I swear Ted Benividez would have been 1 year max but it was ~6.  I guess time will tell how bad the convention center deal is for the city.  I suppose my opinion of him will decline with that.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Denton going to Denton

View Quote

Paxton also going after Frisco ISD for illegal electioneering
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-sues-frisco-isd-illegal-electioneering
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#26]
As always, don't screw with Garland police

https://dfwscanner.net/2024/03/07/police-make-several-arrests-tow-vehicles-at-protest-outside-garland-business/
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Upcoming April 11

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:11:16 AM EDT
[#28]
We need to keep our eyes open to the fact the NRA convention is coming to Dallas soon. That might get spicy with the makeup of the current city council.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Conventions like the NRA Members Meeting brings big money to the city.  And we all know how much politicians like more money.

There might be some bluster, but in the end the meeting will happen.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Politicians will go to bizarre ends to get money. I sat in on a meeting yesterday for 3 hours to watch a zoning board member throw her own district residents under the bus for more business.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Politicians will go to bizarre ends to get money. I sat in on a meeting yesterday for 3 hours to watch a zoning board member throw her own district residents under the bus for more business.
View Quote

Which case was that?  I skipped CPC since I was still reeling from watching the HSR and convention center council briefings all day Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Which case was that?  I skipped CPC since I was still reeling from watching the HSR and convention center council briefings all day Wednesday.
View Quote

We got tabled, go again in two weeks. I got meetings with folks, presentations to put together. I fucking hate politics, but if you don't speak up, you get shafted in this town.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Shows how disconnected I've gotten from City Hall, I hadn't even heard until now.

I dunno, I was neutral on him compared to Ware, Suhm, and AC400.  He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would, but looking at the historical list I'm surprised how long they all stick around.  I swear Ted Benividez would have been 1 year max but it was ~6.  I guess time will tell how bad the convention center deal is for the city.  I suppose my opinion of him will decline with that.
View Quote

I thought  Broadnax would be gone 2-3 years ago.  As far back as 2019 I was telling coworkers he'd get fired.  It was kind of obvious in 2019 when the people he brought in with him started to be quietly asked to resign from their positions.  He's a huge part of why a huge number of employees that were over 50 and eligible to retire, retired in the late 2020 to 2023 timeframe.  It's more like we quit and were eligible to draw retirement.  

mm
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:
Conventions like the NRA Members Meeting brings big money to the city.  And we all know how much politicians like more money.

There might be some bluster, but in the end the meeting will happen.
View Quote

Funding dem cities is surely a good way to restore gun rights

Lol nra forgot
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mm38:

I thought  Broadnax would be gone 2-3 years ago.  As far back as 2019 I was telling coworkers he'd get fired.  It was kind of obvious in 2019 when the people he brought in with him started to be quietly asked to resign from their positions.  He's a huge part of why a huge number of employees that were over 50 and eligible to retire, retired in the late 2020 to 2023 timeframe.  It's more like we quit and were eligible to draw retirement.  

mm
View Quote

Everyone I know who is eligible to retire, retires. There's no "I'll stick it out 5 more years so my check will be more". They seem to despise everyone in the leadership role. I had one friend, got 16 years in and met some sort of eligibility, left. Said he was tired of the bullshit. They wouldn't promote the guy under him, telling him was qualified, but ineligible because of his time in grade, but they made him assume the duties until they hired a replacement, so he quit.  The brought in another young guy, I hadn't seen him in a while, I went in to ask the office secretary something, she said she was quitting because of HR issues with another manager falsifying documents. I asked her about the latest new guy, he already quit and went to work for another city.

I can't keep up. I have limited contact with these folks because of my business and it's become untenable. We exercised our option to cancel our contract and I won't have anything to do with it in a few months.

All I can say is the whole barrel must be rotten.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Everyone I know who is eligible to retire, retires. There's no "I'll stick it out 5 more years so my check will be more". They seem to despise everyone in the leadership role. I had one friend, got 16 years in and met some sort of eligibility, left. Said he was tired of the bullshit. They wouldn't promote the guy under him, telling him was qualified, but ineligible because of his time in grade, but they made him assume the duties until they hired a replacement, so he quit.  The brought in another young guy, I hadn't seen him in a while, I went in to ask the office secretary something, she said she was quitting because of HR issues with another manager falsifying documents. I asked her about the latest new guy, he already quit and went to work for another city.

I can't keep up. I have limited contact with these folks because of my business and it's become untenable. We exercised our option to cancel our contract and I won't have anything to do with it in a few months.

View Quote

I saw a resume from a young person who had spent a month there.  Heck, shouldn't even put it on your resume for just a month.  Shows bad judgment to start, but good judgment to realize it and quit soon?

Why the city doesn't have any money - 20-year-plus employee retired in 2017 during the pension scandal[1].  Not police/fire but just worried about the civvy side I guess.  But then joins a consultant and works the same job for 6 more years, finally really retired this year!  So for the same position the City is paying both the pension and the consultant's continuous rates for staff augmentation.

[1] - I should clarify now, the FIRST/latest/2017 pension scandal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mm38] [#37]

[quote0Everyone I know who is eligible to retire, retires. There's no "I'll stick it out 5 more years so my check will be more". They seem to despise everyone in the leadership role.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

[quote0Everyone I know who is eligible to retire, retires. There's no "I'll stick it out 5 more years so my check will be more". They seem to despise everyone in the leadership role.

Sounds like it's gotten worse since I left.

Bingo!  It was that way in the last year of Ware, when he started the ball rolling so after he retired the the companies he owned would become "preferred" vendors to the city.  Benevides was just friggin weird.  Suhm was a dickhead.  AC seemed like he was a good guy, but for most of the elected officials and their friends, his actions did not meet their agendas.  Broadnax was akin to inviting the mafia to help with managing your business.

@mPisi  Anything scheduled for the next weekend?

mm
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Anything scheduled for the next weekend?
View Quote

The usual bitching about harboring illegals.  This immigrant supports SB4!
Attachment Attached File

Alsos seeing a lot of chatter on Nextdoor about scholars who have been excluded from school this week and are wandering lost in the back alleys, garages, and inside the parked cars of the neighborhood.

Looking around, I saw a bunch of DSA chatter about labor supporting Palestine, not sure how much support there would be from the real union rank and file.  
There is a Teamsters strike about their contract on right now at the Coors plan in Fort Worth.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/GIfbkj4XIAAveqs_jpg-3157586.JPG

Alsos seeing a lot of chatter on Nextdoor about scholars who have been excluded from school this week and are wandering lost in the back alleys, garages, and inside the parked cars of the neighborhood.

Looking around, I saw a bunch of DSA chatter about labor supporting Palestine, not sure how much support there would be from the real union rank and file.  
There is a Teamsters strike about their contract on right now at the Coors plan in Fort Worth.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/GHNJ6DRWMAAMr1f_jpg-3157603.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/GIfqm_QXoAAtEXQ_jpg-3157604.JPG
View Quote

I guess I will have to skip buying my OE in solidarity.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Anything scheduled for the next weekend?

They've been affecting traffic for weeks on 35W, pretty sure they have folks driving slow on purpose to log jam it at that location... way worse than normal which is normally a shitshow
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Not DFW, a Steve Sailer warning for Austin on April 12.  (mostly a joke, but could be some counter-pretests.)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Biden in town today, probably traffic disruptions around DFW Airport (not Love Field) in the evening.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Biden in town today, probably traffic disruptions around DFW Airport (not Love Field) in the evening.
View Quote

He is supposed to arrive at DFW airport at 5:25 PM (local time).

Online information seems to indicate motorcade instead of helicopter.

So he will really fuck up rush hour traffic if he is anywhere near on time.

https://factba.se/biden/calendar

Apparently two fundraisers in Dallas, so from DFW to the east towards Dallas is going to be a traffic mess.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I've seen reports that one McKinney area Cessena 152 student pilot got an education on what happens when you fly in the same airspace as AF1 this afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Not a protest, but road closures going into downtown for the eclipse.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#46]
I haven't heard anything specific but the usual suspects are trying to have a national protest day about the FAFO Live Fire Range on April 15.

EDIT: I clicked the link so you don't have to be on that list.  The cities include Houston and San Antonio, but not Dallas.

There have also been a few random shout-offs between pro-Israel and pro-Hamas groups in Dealy Plaza.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Why UTD?  
Let's see how Dallas and Richardson PDs handle this.
Reddit with the usual brilliant commentary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/1catua0/college_protests_popping_up_in_texas/
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Lots of foreign folks living in Richardson.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top