Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2022 1:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi]
Updated for 2024, when we hope to have what, exactly, for election season?

Lost my old post to the archives by 2 days :  Archived 2022 thread

Expanding the title to DFW area since i'm technically not around Dallas anymore, and there's frankly more activity in the suburbs right now.

Map of active and recent Dallas PD calls

ERCOT power outage map
ERCOT Performance Dashboard

Current Air Tracks Over Dallas

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a continuous slow progression of kid drag shows, protests, and counter-protests.  Increasing numbers of armed folks mostly on the drag show side.

12/17 in Grand Prairie:

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Good thread. I really don't expect much to go down right now... too cold...
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
There's always been a deep anti-catholic movement, I guess with roots from the KKK, but I feel like we're seeing a resurgence.

I get it, when I was younger, I was deeply anti-baptist. Eventually you mellow out and realize as long as no one is hostile, it's mostly just a bunch of folks trying to live a better life through whatever form of God they envision. There's always extremist in every religion or group.

Cold weather for Christmas week means less people outside starting shit, just means more people staying home and drinking, causing domestic disputes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for bringing the thread back mPisi

i wonder what fresh hell awaits us next year once the weather gets a little warmer. layoffs are probably gonna be intensifying and there's gonna be a lot of upset bored folks running around
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a protest - general crime - attempted carjacking in Park Cities foiled by CHL victim (oops)
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/attempted-carjacking-turned-shooting-rattles-diners-in-busy-shopping-center/3159823/?amp=1
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Not a protest - general crime - attempted carjacking in Park Cities foiled by CHL victim (oops)
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/attempted-carjacking-turned-shooting-rattles-diners-in-busy-shopping-center/3159823/?amp=1
View Quote

The reporters so want one of the weapons to be an AR, please, please, please be an AR.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for updates.  Here's the prrotestors' twitter, no specific mention of the 14th yet.  This is the same group that did the recent Grand Prairie protests and ones in other towns.
https://twitter.com/protecttxkids_
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Defend the men in lingerie want to perform for your children shows?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Good thread to keep up with
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Reddit can be a wasteland at times but it's good for keeping up on local happenings.
They seemed to be rather concerned with this counter-protest.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/105riti/20230107_update_on_defending_dallas_drag_and_news/
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Today's Reddit post. Pay attention to the 20th post in the comments.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/10brlcr/theres_a_protest_today_at_buzzbrews_lakewood/
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Pics, including the latest chonker

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#15]
These people are freakin demented
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
@mPisi
Anything on your radar for Dallas this weekend?
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
R/Dallas, R/Dallaspolitics, and R/Denton, on Reddit, are good places to start. Dallasobserver.com also.
There were little dustups over drag shows the last two weekends but nothing came from them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Nothing on the radar.  Antifa types were trying to drum up interest in the Atlanta situation but nothing really happened.  Might be something sympathetic if Nashville really pops off after the Tyre Nichols video gets released Friday night.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Nothing on the radar.  Antifa types were trying to drum up interest in the Atlanta situation but nothing really happened.  Might be something sympathetic if Nashville really pops off after the Tyre Nichols video gets released Friday night.
View Quote

The Atlanta situation is kinda hillarious on one point...  Laws that the pinkos intended to prevent protests against their facilities were written broadly enough that the two dumbasses charged in Atlanta ran afoul of them.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/live-video-next-generation-plans-protest-in-dallas-amid-release-of-tyre-nichols-assault-video/3180430/

A protest is being planned in Dallas for Friday night in response to the death of Tyre Nichols, a man who died three days after being beaten by police officers in Memphis, Tennessee during a traffic stop.

Dallas-based advocacy group the Next Generation Action Network announced Friday they planned to gather with supporters outside Dallas Police Headquarters on Botham Jean Boulevard at 6:30 p.m.

Minister Dominique Alexander, with NGAN, said he is organizing a protest in Dallas because of unresolved issues he said persist between the Black community and police.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#23]
DPD shooting video released. Notice the use of a drone on this one.

Dallas PD | Officer Involved Shooting | January 25, 2023
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Underway now at Belo Gardens downtown.  Low energy.  Sad!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#26]
This is what Dallas County voters elected. This is what they want. I don't see how anyone at this point can complain about crime or anything else. These are the good old days, you see. You will look back on this time years from now and recall how nice everyone was to each other and how low crime was. Even the Dallas Police Department is patting each other on the back with the drop in arrests they are making.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Underway now at Belo Gardens downtown.  Low energy.  Sad!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/FngXl6BWIAo5t2P_jpg-2688721.JPG
View Quote

Was in dallas mid day Saturday and its like Nazi germany with black fists
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I called new years eve during the day. 3 hour response time.

They called me to tell me they were in front of our place and didn't see anything, but wanted to let me know they came by.

Of course arrest numbers are down.

Now the fire department will come, my neighbor decided to burn all his leaves and bullshit on the ground. We were getting smoked out. Big red truck was there in about 10 minutes. That's about the only thing we get. Otherwise we'd be better off in the middle of west Texas somewhere.

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't get the Dallas Police Department to show up either. Elderly relative had their home burglarized and ransacked recently and the police never showed up after calling 911. That should be a call the police respond to. Even if they take their sweet time, they better swing by and say what a shame. They never did come after the call that say so I went looking for answers first at the substation and then finding the beat officers. Spoke individually to every one of them.

Using Lexis Nexis I could see a pattern of residential burglaries, about 8 of them in a 1/2 mile radius of where my relative lived. Then using the data figured out these were all afternoon weekday burglaries between 12pm and 3:30pm. Back doors were usually broken down and mostly just jewelry, cash and TVs(but not always) were stolen. Likely the burglar(s) is on foot.

Not sure how the police on that beat could not see the pattern before I spoke with them. After I spoke with them it was clear they were not following up on 911 calls. Made me sad rather than mad I could figure this out.

I really don't think there is any urgency in catching the burglar by the police.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By joemama74:
I called new years eve during the day. 3 hour response time.

They called me to tell me they were in front of our place and didn't see anything, but wanted to let me know they came by.

Of course arrest numbers are down.

Now the fire department will come, my neighbor decided to burn all his leaves and bullshit on the ground. We were getting smoked out. Big red truck was there in about 10 minutes. That's about the only thing we get. Otherwise we'd be better off in the middle of west Texas somewhere.

View Quote

big cities have shit response times most of the time, but they don't mind writing a million speeding tickets while your property is looted
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

big cities have shit response times most of the time, but they don't mind writing a million speeding tickets while your property is looted
View Quote

We're basically relying on cameras with phone notifications. I can be there in minutes. There might be some crazy story about rednecks with guns in my neighborhood. Who knows how these rumors get started?

I had another situation a few months ago. An old S-10 blazer/Jimmy pulls right up to our front door of our business, right under my Ring camera. The front building is actually closed and boarded up from the inside, so good luck getting in. I have people working in the back, but it's a big place.

I'm watching them to see what they do. A man and woman get out, she sits on the front step, the man retrieves a tool bag from the back of the car and starts going through it. He starts pulling out ring after ring of keys. Like master key sets or something. He's laying them out on the concrete steps next to the woman. I had already alerted some of my staff, but I didn't want a confrontation if I could help it. I hit the siren on the Ring camera and they both look up, throw their shit in the bag and leave. I'm still not sure what that was all about. Were they going to try a 100 different keys to see if one would open the door that screwed shut?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#32]

We're basically relying on cameras with phone notifications. I can be there in minutes. There might be some crazy story about rednecks with guns in my neighborhood. Who knows how these rumors get started?

I had another situation a few months ago. An old S-10 blazer/Jimmy pulls right up to our front door of our business, right under my Ring camera. The front building is actually closed and boarded up from the inside, so good luck getting in. I have people working in the back, but it's a big place.

I'm watching them to see what they do. A man and woman get out, she sits on the front step, the man retrieves a tool bag from the back of the car and starts going through it. He starts pulling out ring after ring of keys. Like master key sets or something. He's laying them out on the concrete steps next to the woman. I had already alerted some of my staff, but I didn't want a confrontation if I could help it. I hit the siren on the Ring camera and they both look up, throw their shit in the bag and leave. I'm still not sure what that was all about. Were they going to try a 100 different keys to see if one would open the door that screwed shut?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't know if they are dumb or bad criminals or they just don't gaf anymore.  Honestly dallas is probably a decent place to dump a body
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#33]

I don't know if they are dumb or bad criminals or they just don't gaf anymore.  Honestly dallas is probably a decent place to dump a body
View Quote

"All of the above"?

Seriously...  they probably were going to try keys one after another.  The only reason to call in something like that is that "burglar's tools" are still technically illegal to have and carry around with you in public.  The Police might not bother arresting someone they caught like that because the DA in a pinko area probably won't prosecute but they might at least confiscate those key rings...  Anything you can do to inconvenience criminals hopefully reduces the number of crimes they perpetrate a little.  But maybe that's wishful thinking these days.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By refidnasb:
I can't get the Dallas Police Department to show up either. Elderly relative had their home burglarized and ransacked recently and the police never showed up after calling 911. That should be a call the police respond to. Even if they take their sweet time, they better swing by and say what a shame. They never did come after the call that say so I went looking for answers first at the substation and then finding the beat officers. Spoke individually to every one of them.

Using Lexis Nexis I could see a pattern of residential burglaries, about 8 of them in a 1/2 mile radius of where my relative lived. Then using the data figured out these were all afternoon weekday burglaries between 12pm and 3:30pm. Back doors were usually broken down and mostly just jewelry, cash and TVs(but not always) were stolen. Likely the burglar(s) is on foot.

Not sure how the police on that beat could not see the pattern before I spoke with them. After I spoke with them it was clear they were not following up on 911 calls. Made me sad rather than mad I could figure this out.

I really don't think there is any urgency in catching the burglar by the police.
View Quote

Why should the Police bother?  Even if they arrest the burglar, the pro-criminal activist pinko prosecutors in most inner city areas will decline to prosecute them anyway.

But hey... People don't bother reporting because they know nothing will be done, Police don't bother investigating or arresting anyone.  So on paper it may even look like crime has gone down.  And the stupid libtard sheeple will believe it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:

Why should the Police bother?  Even if they arrest the burglar, the pro-criminal activist pinko prosecutors in most inner city areas will decline to prosecute them anyway.

But hey... People don't bother reporting because they know nothing will be done, Police don't bother investigating or arresting anyone.  So on paper it may even look like crime has gone down.  And the stupid libtard sheeple will believe it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:
Originally Posted By refidnasb:

that's the democrat way
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#37]
^ That's really weird even for you AO. The property is so unique it could not be mistaken for anything else.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Fake police on the rise in Dallas:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/fake-dallas-texas-tx-police-officers-pulling-people-drivers-over-tips-how-to-know-if-theyre-they-are-fake-not-real/287-6fda9526-8556-4fef-af74-6f4f47e4a51c

Heard about this recently from a friend who saw an unmarked car with red/blue lights blazing through traffic driving like a maniac. Have not seen it myself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Saw this over in the Riot Squad thread...  Dallas is tagged as one of the cities where the children want to throw a tantrum.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2331989/?page=5021&anc=102836691#i102836691
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Neo-Nazi stuff or overwrought counter-protests tomorrow?  Who knows.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Not a protest but some more of the expected behaviors.

Videos:

Odd how little about this on local news sites
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/mansfield-katherine-rose-memorial-park-reported-shots-fired/287-066f4b14-0604-411c-b151-b84592ac2dea

Of course nobody arrested, no shooters identified.
I mean who could possibly have seen this coming?

I guess this is pretty good since the last time there was a shooting at this park somebody actually got hit back in July 2021.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/18-year-old-shot-3-times-after-argument-on-basketball-court-mansfield-police-say/287-32c868ff-45c1-4ffc-9b2b-43925dbd28ac

Good thing Mansfield doubled down on apartments and affordable housing.  Glad I sold and moved form there when I did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Heads up for fun and games Saturday per Reddit.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By soncorn:
Not a protest but some more of the expected behaviors.

Videos:

Odd how little about this on local news sites
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/mansfield-katherine-rose-memorial-park-reported-shots-fired/287-066f4b14-0604-411c-b151-b84592ac2dea

Of course nobody arrested, no shooters identified.
I mean who could possibly have seen this coming?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128807/FrJRjR_XoAAdk2l-2745444.jpg

I guess this is pretty good since the last time there was a shooting at this park somebody actually got hit back in July 2021.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/18-year-old-shot-3-times-after-argument-on-basketball-court-mansfield-police-say/287-32c868ff-45c1-4ffc-9b2b-43925dbd28ac

Good thing Mansfield doubled down on apartments and affordable housing.  Glad I sold and moved form there when I did.
View Quote

Damn that's just down the streetish from me
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
Heads up for fun and games Saturday per Reddit.

https://preview.redd.it/gkkde0gzwqna1.jpg?width=676&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=fe02d26ef1200cb3e949ebb2b0584d16aa4d1bb7
View Quote

Read the comments here. More of the usual name-calling and such. Will this thing have a turnout or not?
https://old.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/11se5op/upcoming_dallas_lgbt_protest_info_like_share_and/
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Possibly the next Collin County protest opportunity
Arfcom - Lee Merritt arrested

Not seeing anything local yet on the Trans week of vengeace April 1...
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:00:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikNtx] [#46]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mikNtx:
email from a frisco high school that came out yesterday as event was happening.  possible diversion from the TG stuff in the news?  also, the fisd admin campus is next door.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mikNtx:
email from a frisco high school that came out yesterday as event was happening.  possible diversion from the TG stuff in the news?  also, the fisd admin campus is next door.

Subject: Protestors near Lebanon Trail campus on 4/20

Good afternoon Lebanon Trail Students and Parents,  

We wanted to reach out to you concerning a third party group that has gathered near LTHS on city property to demonstrate on the topic of gun control.

Please understand that we do not have the authority to restrict access to public sidewalks and permits are not required.  We of course will monitor the situation and if they enter school property, we will ask them to leave.  

Our preference would be that no non-school information be distributed by outside groups near a school, but public access is not within our ability to control. We do, however, prohibit non-school information from being distributed within our schools and on our property by outside groups. 

Thanks and please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Lebanon Trail High School

Ironically tax payer funded public property isn't treated as public property
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gopher] [#48]
Trouble in Ft. Worth at a drag show. See the Riot thread in GD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Riots-and-looting-in-American-cities-and-worldwide-Trans-Day-of-Vengeance-Edition-RIOT-SQUAD-/5-2331989/&page=5033#i103829055

Originally Posted By djohn:
Fort Worth:

Cops are arresting “medics” for trying to “aid” an “injured” “drag defender.”

A different angle:

ETA Andy Ngo retweets:

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks. I was messing up the link and couldn't get it to post.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top