Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Applied for my FOID renewal 4/27, new card was supposedly issued 6/19, but I still don't have it.
Traded a couple pistols I didn't want anymore for two new (to me) guns today and my guy at the shop noticed that my card expires on Monday (7/1), so I'm not going to be able to pick up my new toys until my new card comes in.

The fact that I can walk into a shop with guns to trade for other guns, pass their background check (came back approved in under a minute, just like it always does for me), have a CCW and a pistol on my hip, but I still have to wait 72hrs to pick up my new guns is just the biggest load of horseshit. [/rant]

I'm so tired of this people's republic bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Applied for my FOID renewal 4/27, new card was supposedly issued 6/19, but I still don't have it.
Traded a couple pistols I didn't want anymore for two new (to me) guns today and my guy at the shop noticed that my card expires on Monday (7/1), so I'm not going to be able to pick up my new toys until my new card comes in.

The fact that I can walk into a shop with guns to trade for other guns, pass their background check (came back approved in under a minute, just like it always does for me), have a CCW and a pistol on my hip, but I still have to wait 72hrs to pick up my new guns is just the biggest load of horseshit. [/rant]

I'm so tired of this people's republic bullshit.
View Quote
So legislators were smart enough to write into law 'you're still legit if we suck' but didn't provide clear guidance to cover an FFL? Or does your LGS really suck?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I applied 2/3/2019 for my renewal, no prints, and still haven't received it. What should I be carrying with me to prove my innocence if a police officer doesn't know the laws during a traffic encounter?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
@SwanHunter...
I'm past 120 days for my CCW and it still says under review.  We need to do something legally here or we are going to continue to get raped by this state.  What are our options?  If I get stopped while carrying I am up against the real possibility of getting taken to jail by some cop that doesn't know the law...

We need to address this with some muscle.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I applied 2/3/2019 for my renewal, no prints, and still haven't received it. What should I be carrying with me to prove my innocence if a police officer doesn't know the laws during a traffic encounter?
View Quote
Carry your application confirmation.  LEO will check your status and see it is under application and valid.

When we lost Rauner, Valinda & I lost access to leadership at ISP.  We got a lot of things done with his help.  Now that we have pizzer, we have no teeth.  The problem  with a lawsuit is a judge will not see the 10-15 day delay in issuance as a issue especially when the permit remains active.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
day 97 with prints - "under review"
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Applied 3/5
Approved 6/25.

How long usually between approved and active?
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Applied 3/5
Approved 6/25.

View Quote
EEGS,
I applied before you and as of just checking this moment, I'm still under review.  I don't think there is a rhyme or reason to this.

@SwanHunter, that only applies if it is delayed by only 5 or 10 says.  I think as you read though the thread, there are some people that have been waiting much longer than that.

Somehow I think if they made women wait for an abortion this long it wouldn't stand....how about making those on Public assistance wait this long for their EBT cards.....

This will continue as long as we are willing to take it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
@SwanHunter, that only applies if it is delayed by only 5 or 10 says. I think as you read though the thread, there are some people that have been waiting much longer than that.
View Quote
The ones that have longer waits are usually because of specific process issues.  While they absolutely should not be happening, they are not specifically actionable.  And, a judge will most likely see it as the issues are all being dealt with in due process.  You are right, it wouldn't be tolerated in other instances but, there is precedent for court rulings on the ability to "regulate" firearms.  It is just a hard issue to get judicial teeth into.  If we had a solid way to get a bite out of them, we would be moving on it.  
Feel free to loathe this state!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm on day 123 with no prints, renewal - "under review".
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
My ccl renewal no prints took 147 days till it went active.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#12]
It is absurd that CCL renewals (w/ prior BG checks, no 30 day LE window, etc) are taking so much longer than original apps.   Is the employment pool so poor in Springfield they can't find people to hire and address the supposed staff shortage?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure how things are working under new administration....I'm sure it is worse but, we met with head of FOID in Spring of 18 and she said they were half staffed and turn over was high.  It would take one of her understaffed people to train new staff worker and when trained, they would already be looking for a better state job.  The  state hiring requirements are difficult and then there is the freakin union.  It is a bit of a catch 22.  I also doubt she is fun to work under....
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My CCL is active as of today.  99 days with prints and an email to my state house rep at day 94.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not sure how things are working under new administration....I'm sure it is worse but, we met with head of FOID in Spring of 18 and she said they were half staffed and turn over was high.  It would take one of her understaffed people to train new staff worker and when trained, they would already be looking for a better state job.  The  state hiring requirements are difficult and then there is the freakin union.  It is a bit of a catch 22.  I also doubt she is fun to work under....
View Quote
I am not surprised by this.  I sent an e-mail to the ISP FSB providing documents to update my FCCL instructor credentials and it took 2 months for a response.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
The ISP processing policies and procedure manual did discuss mentoring and rotating through the 5 or 6 departments.   I think it said new hire process was like 8 or 9 weeks including a cycle in the call center.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
128 and counting  still under review   I was hoping to have it before I leave on vacation tomorrow.  I guess that is not going to happen.  At least I will be out of this state before having to renew again
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am still waiting here in January.

I called ISRA about this, I was left feeling like it's a losing battle for our rights. I get they are overwhelmed with calls, but seriously?

She stated the ISP is the only LE that can see if you are legit or not, I ended up calling an ISP pal and a Chief of Police I know very well. Both said BS on able to see valid or expired, both can run and get results.

My CoP pal said while it is technically still active in the ISP system, you are required by law to carry a valid card, if showing expired it's not valid. Nice loop hole they fucked us with.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#19]
She stated the ISP is the only LE that can see if you are legit or not,
View Quote
Was this info given out recently?  The info is Bogus and we will try to get them to stop putting out bad info.

My CoP pal said while it is technically still active in the ISP system, you are required by law to carry a valid card, if showing expired it's not valid. Nice loop hole they fucked us with.
View Quote
This is not true....By change in law, the card remains valid during proper application process.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#20]
(430 ILCS 66/70)
Sec. 70. Violations.

(c) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Was this info given out recently?  The info is Bogus and we will try to get them to stop putting out bad info.

This is not true....By change in law, the card remains valid during proper application process.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
She stated the ISP is the only LE that can see if you are legit or not,

She told me that 2 days ago when I called.

So will the LEO run the card to see if valid, per ISRA 4 guys got popped so not sure this is accurate for In Review cards, her stance was don't carry, I was a bit perplexed at us not complying to bad law?

I am willing to join any class action suite, I have been screwed more then once by ISP on my permit, once pulled cause of a fat finger mistake at Taz county on an OP. That was fun.

@SwanHunter

ETA: So how do I show I am valid, under the specific part of that law. I was carry my receipt and the statement from ISP on website.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
The charged my credit card on 5/20. Still showing "Under Review" as of today 7/9.

Its not been very long at all compared to some of you. And they do have my prints on file.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#23]
ETA: So how do I show I am valid, under the specific part of that law. I was carry my receipt and the statement from ISP on website.
View Quote
Your receipt should be good.  If not, they can check and you should show active during application process.  Not saying you might not get the occasional LEO that doesn't know the law but, you will be ok in long run.
Yes, it sucks living in IL!
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Applied 3/5
Approved 6/25.

View Quote
Active 7/9 - Now just waiting for the mail!
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your receipt should be good.  If not, they can check and you should show active during application process.  Not saying you might not get the occasional LEO that doesn't know the law but, you will be ok in long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks SwanHunter, I guess next lunch with the Chief I will be mentioning this to him.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Just FYI - I checked today and my renewal (no prints) went active yesterday and the expiration is 5 years from yesterday, as well.  Total time was 131 days +/-
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just FYI - I checked today and my renewal (no prints) went active yesterday and the expiration is 5 years from yesterday, as well.  Total time was 131 days +/-
View Quote
I am close to that timeline.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like mine went to "approved Edit: Active"status sometime Tuesday night.  I checked during the day on Tuesday and it was still "Under Review".  Any idea how long it will not take them to get me my updated card?

Thx
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I've read 3 to 7 days, but some are longer.  Active supposedly means printed so it still has to get sorted, batched and delivered to the post office for their delivery.   If you have USPS informed delivery you should be able to see the day it is arriving.   If you have an older card you will possibly receive a new FOID in a separate mailing with matching numbers.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks IB.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I got my renewed CCL in the mail yesterday.  It went active July 3rd.

I also received a new FOID card ... I have no idea why.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
@jdizzle3id

Be sure to check your online ISP CCL page and see that your CCL license and your FOID are on the same page and tracked together. Be sure to carry the correct FOID!

Somehow I had two valid FOID cards in the system, one connected to my CCL, the other not. It was quite the panic when I went to renew my CCL and found no record of having ever having had a CCL card!

Ends up it was the page linked to the oddball second card. Once I figured that out, I cancelled the second card and made a new account linked to the correct card.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe mid to late 2015 (I think), the numbering system was changed. If you have an old FOID card, on CCL renewal you will receive a new FOID card in a separate mailing with matching CCL numbers.   The expire date will not change.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Recieved my CCL on Saturday, so approved/active on Tuesday, received on Sat.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Recieved my CCL on Saturday, so approved/active on Tuesday, received on Sat.
View Quote
Congrats, glad you finally received it.

My card is expired now, but it looks like I've got a few months to go.   Time to print out the law and my renewal receipt to carry with me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Renewed FOID May 21, still waiting....
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Day 130 of waiting on my CCL renewal....
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
134ish seems about average now.  Saw a report elsewhere a poster was at day 172 and still waiting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#39]
134ish seems about average now. Saw a report elsewhere a poster was at day 172 and still waiting.
View Quote
They keep creeping up longer and longer...  I suspect the 172 person wasn't a simple renewal but, don't know about their situation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Hit 120 today waiting on renewal.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
134ish seems about average now.  Saw a report elsewhere a poster was at day 172 and still waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
134 days for me still under review. As if the state workers could be more lazy and useless!
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I renewed my CCL 3/11/19, it went active 7/25/19, and arrived today in the mail (8/1/19).

No email notifications of any status changes throughout the process.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine took 172 days before it went active, another week before I got it in the mail. I have one seatbelt ticket on my record from 8 years ago, that's it. I don't know what else would make it so complicated? I teach at a college, would that raise a red flag?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Active @ 124 days for CCL renewal.

Same with no notifications.

See what gets here faster, new CCL, new FOID, or the DL I renewed today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Still waiting...8 months now

I wonder if my clock reset since i had to resubmit since they posted the wrong form initially on the state's website...if that is the case I should here back around December...a whole year after
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#46]
My FOID showed active 2 weeks ago.  Never received it in the mail.  They won't do anything until it's 30 days past the activation date.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Still waiting...8 months now

I wonder if my clock reset since i had to resubmit since they posted the wrong form initially on the state's website...if that is the case I should here back around December...a whole year after
View Quote
From what I have read, it seems about anything throws you back to the beginning of the queue.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Log-in web page is again down for "maintenance".
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Applied 5/6
Active 8/2
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Look like they are getting better?

Hard copy of CCL renewal came 4 days after active.

New FOID followed 4 days later.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top