Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2022 2:31:54 PM EDT
I always go to the SAR , Crossroads show in December but thinking about coming down for the Crossroads show new week. Can you guys tell me if it is worth the drive? Is it as big as the one in December minus SAR of course? Do they have the tents and are all the regular buildings full? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the other Crossroads shows are anywhere near as big as SAR.

If you think of the buildings, generally speaking only the one on the left from the gate and the first one to the right will be full, and that right one typically is a bit sparse. The one in the back will generally not be in use, but the tent right in front generally will be.

That said, dead middle of summer shows tend to be even smaller, and that tent might not be in use (and at the very least, you won't want to be there long). Fewer vendors, and sometimes they move into the Coliseum because the Aircon is better, though I don't see any news of that on the website. Those ones are the smallest.

I've been to all of them, and while they're hit & miss except for SAR, the summer ones are the smallest of the shows. You also have to remember that this time of year, anyone who can get out of the Valley... does. And the snowbirds are gone.

That doesn't mean it'll be bad, or there won't be anything good, just that this is probably going to be one of the smallest ones of the year for a Phoenix Crossroads show. Still bigger than the non-Phoenix crossroads shows, though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No Crossroads show is worth driving from out of state...I don't think the SAR Show is worth that drive, unless you are a huge machine gun collector and/or you need parts for you machine gun collection.  

The summer Crossroads shows are generally held in the old Coliseum (the big saddle shaped building in the middle of the parking lot for the SAR show), since it's air conditioned.  If you spend more than 2 hours in that building, you are walking it at least twice.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think it is worth the drive and I live 5 miles away.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a small show, but I don't mind it. Not usually as crowded as the winter shows.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys. I think I'll pass on it. With the price of Gas and Hotels it probably is not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Guys. I think I'll pass on it. With the price of Gas and Hotels it probably is not worth it.
View Quote

It's absolutely not worth it.  I live 20 miles away and it's not worth the $18 admission and the $11 parking.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Take those savings and buy a gun!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, per the Crossroads E-mail I just got, they're in 'The Icehouse', which is their way of saying the Coliseum.

Those are the worst shows, the facility just isn't ideal. But the AC is better.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also, per the Crossroads E-mail I just got, they're in 'The Icehouse', which is their way of saying the Coliseum.

Those are the worst shows, the facility just isn't ideal. But the AC is better.
View Quote
Yeah, that seals it for me. Was possibly going to drop in if I didn't have anything better to do. But the Icehouse is on par with the Mesa Convention Center. But at least the Mesa Convention Center has free parking.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Did any of you guys go to the show? Was it any good?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did any of you guys go to the show? Was it any good?
View Quote

It wasn't the worst show I've been to.

Myself and two friends got 2 tables, we sold enough stuff we didn't feel the need to go back on Sunday.

This is always the smaller of the Crossroads shows but it's nice to be in the AC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top