Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 11:49:23 PM EDT
Anyone use them? Good or bad experiences? My fiancé and I just bought our first house. Got a very good quote from them saving us well over $1400 a year vs the quote from my American Family agent. Thinking about switching, but I've never heard of them before. Thanks in advance.

Posted in team and haven't gotten a response yet. Wondering if they are a Missouri company.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard of the either..... We use both Farm bureau and State farm....it does pay to shop around, but if they don't have a person at a desk in your town or the one over, It may be too good to be true...
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have kind of taken a different approach to finding information about Insurance companies.

I asked contractors that do home repairs off of insurance claims, and see who is a giant pain in the dick and who is good to work with.

I wont go into much detail, but everyone seems to hate State Farm.

I have had Farm Bureau for a long time and will continue. I didnt even shop around for my new house.

I have never heard of the one you mention, but if you know someone at like a roofing company or water damage mitigation company, i would ask them if they have dealt with them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never heard of the either..... We use both Farm bureau and State farm....it does pay to shop around, but if they don't have a person at a desk in your town or the one over, It may be too good to be true...
View Quote

Guy is local to us. Definitely not something we found online.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m sorry!

You should NEVER buy insurance based on price, I use American Family
View Quote

I disagree. If company A is charging you $2500 a year and company B is charging $1700 and you have the exact same coverage and service with both, why would you not choose the cheaper one?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They are ASSHOLES,  my latest issue with them was I had a tree limb break off during a storm and land on the neighbors fence.
I call Farm Bureau, “Was it a live tree”?

Of course.

“We don’t cover that”!
View Quote

I have never made an insurance claim, however, i believe live trees growing over a property line are the responsibility of the neighbor to maintain in order to avoid damage.

Had the whole tree come from your property and fell from your side, over to their side it would be covered.

I had the same situation happen, and I spent a day with my chainsaw in the neighbors yard and fixed the fence. Didnt even call insurance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I disagree. If company A is charging you $2500 a year and company B is charging $1700 and you have the exact same coverage and service with both, why would you not choose the cheaper one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sorry!

You should NEVER buy insurance based on price, I use American Family

I am going to disagree. Any company can make promises, and shittier companies have more motivation to overpromise and under deliver.

When it comes to home owners insurance, when repairs can be a crazy amount of money, I want an insurance company known for performance and not the thrifty nickel promises that they find any reason under the sun not to cover.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I have had Shelter for over 20 years and never had an issue.  Don't think I've ever had a home claim but on Auto they've been good to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Had them for 4 years. Shelter for 15+ prior to that. I’ve made a roof claim it was pretty smooth. No complaints from me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top