Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2020 12:41:37 PM EDT
Any of you guys thinking about signing up for upcoming Costa training that's going to be held at the Linden Gun Range this December?
I'm contemplating the carbine classes but other than the Magpul videos and his posing pictures from Japan I don't know much else about Costa. I've taken a few Haley handgun courses and I definitely learned A LOT and had a great time doing it.
I really would like to learn my carbine system better. The last carbine class I took in CA, I was the only one that brought a compliant rifle and that really hindered me I think, having to mess with the bullet button to do mag changes and what not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say you did the right thing, training with the rifle and magazine(s) you legally own and can legally use.  

I could use my registered rifle and my legal high caps.  The thing is, if you don't have those legally, you have to use what you have.

P.S. - Linden is too far from home.  Training is a good thing, a very important thing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Linden range is getting some heavy hitters out there.  Good for them.  I'm about 20 minutes from that range.  Last time I was there the range guy was way too pushy.  

I wish they would bring some classes to my sportsman club.  Especially since its less than 3 minutes from my house.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a large hole BB AR with a "G Pik" on my middles finger and am able to drop mags extremely fast. The G Pik is very resilient it can be heated up with a lighter and bent to fit your finger. I'ver even stepped on one breaking it in half with the 2 parts barley hanging on together, I heated it up, the 2 pieces fused together and it's good as new. As far as Costa when he and Haley where at MagPul the had some inventive techniques that you didn't see and not to many others taught. IMHO you can never learn enough from other people as gun fighting is a perishable skill. Another good outfit is LMS Defense which has classes in CA in day, low light, and night NV classes for a reasonable amount. Their night vision classes are well taught and a great class to attend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top