BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone crossed into Canada? Co-worker is headed home from Fairbanks and is planning on driving to get into Idaho. He's worried about not getting across.
View Quote

Last I heard, the border was closed for anything nonessential. Best bet would be to have him call and check though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Last I heard, the border was closed for anything nonessential. Best bet would be to have him call and check though.
View Quote
We're deemed essential and have travel papers. He's says he is just going to try it and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone crossed into Canada? Co-worker is headed home from Fairbanks and is planning on driving to get into Idaho. He's worried about not getting across.
View Quote

@Tiger21Bravo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
@ZacSquatch
Appreciate the info. Just passed it on to him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Went to Bassett today to get my cast off. Their covid screening at the door is half assed at best. Write down your name and ask if you’ve had a fever or coughing. I figured I’d get my temperature taken or something.

Like if I had covid and was dumb enough to just walk in the front door I’d probably lie about having the symptoms.

Place was an absolute ghost down though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#6]
133 in AK now, with 35 between Fairbanks/North Pole. Wife’s unit now says she cant leave post without her CO’s approval... lame.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I got this in the mail last night.  The survey asks for name, cert #, nearest airport, good contact info, amount of lead time to deploy (24/72 hours), deployment duration 5-14 days and then questions as to what equipment we might have to deploy with and if we are part of a service that can send more people.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
AK Air just went to Monday,Wednesday and Friday flights.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Shoulda chosen Era

Everts still flying cargo regular at least?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Shoulda chosen Era

Everts still flying cargo regular at least?
View Quote

Ravn bought ERA's ticket.

Big cargo planes will still come almost everyday.

I miss Uncle Ted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]

You want them to continue flying at a loss until they go bankrupt?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh crap.

Edit: apparently it’s the admin offices, not the whole port. Proofreading releases is important.

https://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USDHSCBP-284971a?wgt_ref=USDHSCBP_WIDGET_2?utm_source=google&utm_medium=google&utm_term=

CBP Port of Anchorage

Cargo Systems Messaging Service

CSMS # - CBP Local Port Downtime For the Port of Anchorage, Alaska (Port Code 3126)   – Effective on 04/02/2020 to Until Further Notice

Due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19, the Port of Anchorage, Alaska – Port Code 3126 - (604 West 4th Ave., Anchorage, Alaska) will be closed for at least the remainder of this week.  At this time, we are unsure of the duration of the closure, possibly 14 days. Once additional information becomes available, we will send an update.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh crap.

Edit: apparently it’s the admin offices, not the whole port. Proofreading releases is important.

https://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USDHSCBP-284971a?wgt_ref=USDHSCBP_WIDGET_2?utm_source=google&utm_medium=google&utm_term=

CBP Port of Anchorage

Cargo Systems Messaging Service

CSMS # - CBP Local Port Downtime For the Port of Anchorage, Alaska (Port Code 3126)   – Effective on 04/02/2020 to Until Further Notice

Due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19, the Port of Anchorage, Alaska – Port Code 3126 - (604 West 4th Ave., Anchorage, Alaska) will be closed for at least the remainder of this week.  At this time, we are unsure of the duration of the closure, possibly 14 days. Once additional information becomes available, we will send an update.
View Quote

Hopefully they didn’t spread to the boats going to Kodiak, Grandfather-in-law is the safety officer/inspector for the port of Kodiak and trys to keep the boat guys on the boat only during this shit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
They do good with mail,by-pass mail and freight.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Only 3 new more confirmed cases today, bringing the total to 151. This is the 3rd day in a row the number of new cases has declined

Of course, the nasty thing about this virus is that there are so many undetected cases out there. But I haven't seen anywhere where confirmed cases decline before the expected peak.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#17]
An Alaska-centric COVID-19 tracking dashboard for you to bookmark:

https://coronavirus-response-alaska-dhss.hub.arcgis.com/
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#18]
It looks like social distancing is working. When can we start talking about how to move forward?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I see ANC mayor closed sportmans,belas and asspro.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:37:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I see ANC mayor closed sportmans,belas and asspro.
View Quote

Politics...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
First death in Fairbanks
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First death in Fairbanks
View Quote

Shit
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#23]
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (KTVF) In a press release sent out Saturday Fairbanks Memorial Hospital confirmed its first death related to novel coronavirus.

The 73 year old passed away at the hospital and had underlying health conditions. The patient was admitted to the hospital on March 25th and passed away on April 3rd, 2020.

There will be a press briefing on Monday April 6th, 2020 that will provide further information.

13 new cases were reported statewide today and of those three are from the Fairbanks area. The total number of cases statewide is now 171 and the total cases in the Fairbanks area is 46.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ravn is in a shitty financial state because they got acquired by a predatory capital group from the East Coast. The current CEO, Dave Pflieger is a snake and has a trail of destruction he's left in the aviation world. When he was named CEO he brought a bunch of his ex military and Delta buddies on as "consultants" and cut them fat checks, then they bought PenAir for $12.3 million and now that certificate is parked.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Ravn just laid everybody off.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ravn just laid everybody off.
View Quote

Wrights is about to get a lot busier then.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#27]
And ravn filed for chapter 11.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Good news is wife and I got out and did some social distancing today. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently the entire Kodiak ground crew was employed by Ravn..... no flight support for Kodiak at all right now. I’m sure AK Air will be hiring some back soon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:43:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Apparently the entire Kodiak ground crew was employed by Ravn..... no flight support for Kodiak at all right now. I'm sure AK Air will be hiring some back soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently the entire Kodiak ground crew was employed by Ravn..... no flight support for Kodiak at all right now. I'm sure AK Air will be hiring some back soon.
The ground crew they had out here was always short on people. Did not want to hire more.
The CSA crew was pretty good.

AK air has some really weird flights right now. All of the crew are getting 20hrs or less.

A lady missed her chemo treatment at anmc because of the cut back in flights.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good news is wife and I got out and did some social distancing today. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/231690/04CC1DD7-00C1-4C43-BB8D-733F1D40563A_jpe-1353346.JPG
View Quote
How are you like the new snogo?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How are you like the new snogo?
View Quote

Well I think it has 5 miles on it now. Can’t do any serious riding with the leg since I can’t stand or do any real weight shifting. And would be up shits creek if I got stuck. But seems like it’s gonna fit the bill pretty well. Only real complaint is it has a backup beeper like a box truck.

In corona news department of defense says you must wear a face mask if you are gonna be within 6ft of people while at work or living on installations. Of course they aren’t providing them. So if anyone has one in Fairbanks or is good at sewing my wife could use one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well I think it has 5 miles on it now. Can't do any serious riding with the leg since I can't stand or do any real weight shifting. And would be up shits creek if I got stuck. But seems like it's gonna fit the bill pretty well. Only real complaint is it has a backup beeper like a box truck.

In corona news department of defense says you must wear a face mask if you are gonna be within 6ft of people while at work or living on installations. Of course they aren't providing them. So if anyone has one in Fairbanks or is good at sewing my wife could use one.
View Quote
At least your out and about.

Put some clear packing tape or duct tape over the speaker. Will mute it some and help keep moisture out. It is in the dash.
Use a little screwdriver and press the two little tabs in at the top.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
At least your out and about.

Put some clear packing tape or duct tape over the speaker. Will mute it some and help keep moisture out. It is in the dash.
Use a little screwdriver and press the two little tabs in at the top.
View Quote

I figured it wasn’t too hard to disable. But it doesn’t bother me enough to want to do it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well I think it has 5 miles on it now. Can’t do any serious riding with the leg since I can’t stand or do any real weight shifting. And would be up shits creek if I got stuck. But seems like it’s gonna fit the bill pretty well. Only real complaint is it has a backup beeper like a box truck.

In corona news department of defense says you must wear a face mask if you are gonna be within 6ft of people while at work or living on installations. Of course they aren’t providing them. So if anyone has one in Fairbanks or is good at sewing my wife could use one.
View Quote

Not in Fairbanks but I could get something mailed out to you shortly if you want to PM me your address. As of right now I have a few N95 masks and possibly something you can wash. Let me know.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not in Fairbanks but I could get something mailed out to you shortly if you want to PM me your address. As of right now I have a few N95 masks and possibly something you can wash. Let me know.
View Quote

Looks like I should be able to get one locally. I really appreciate the offer though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Looks like I should be able to get one locally. I really appreciate the offer though.
View Quote

Yeah no worries man.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]
It's here.

Ykhc just announced first person tested positive.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's here.

Ykhc just announced first person tested positive.
View Quote

Sorry Man, hopefully its managed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#41]
North Slope Borough just became Pirates!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
North Slope Borough just became Pirates!!
View Quote

That's a pretty solid move on the local governments part.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#43]
I think NSB is going to get spanked in court.

Like the idea though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Some stupid idiots did not want to be tested.

Did not want to be the first if they were positive.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#45]
So they just figured they would share it with everyone else?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the heads-up on the burn ban.  I've got to make a pile of trash wood disappear through the burn barrel sooner than I thought...if I can find it under all the snow!
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Transported my first suspected covid patient.  Direct admit to an ICU in Anchorage, patient was sedated, intubated and on a vent.  I got to put on all the PPE and got to take an extra shower and do an extra load of laundry this morning around 6am.  We had just gotten fit tested for new replaceable filter half masks at the start of my shift.  

I am over this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like a lot of the UA system is getting furloughed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Everywhere is going mask mandatory.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top