Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
And just like that, Brian Kemp bought himself a primary election. Congrats NRA and Kemp. Was nice of them to ignore us for 4 years, while we tried to get rid of the giant list of off-limits infringements that this bill doesn't do anything about though.

Gonna be a long 8 years coming...
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Still not voting for him.

Wonder if they will abolish the carry permit system? I kinda like it for person to person sales and bypassing background check at gun stores.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still not voting for him.

Wonder if they will abolish the carry permit system? I kinda like it for person to person sales and bypassing background check at gun stores.
View Quote

Reciprocity too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Two replies on a gun forum and not a bit of excitement that we did get some advancement in gun rights. Some times you gotta take a win when you can.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
When would it go into effect?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
This also sets good precedent for other states to follow: "Half of the states are doing this, why not here too? Blood is yet to run through the streets for the rest of the nation..."

Any other states on deck?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
This was a hard fought battle but it is NOT over, at least from my information.  Until it is signed, it's nothing.  Obviously we all expect it to be signed as Kemp has already indicated he will but he can always crawfish back on it at the last second.  It's happened before and it can happen again.  Until it's signed into law, it's still just a bill.  

In Oklahoma, constitutional carry passed both houses by overwhelming majorities and was heavily supported by the voters.  It was a slam dunk with a Republican governor in office.  At the last second, with the bill on her desk, Mary Fallin vetoed it because the head of the OHP asked her to.  

While I fully expect Kemp to sign it, don't start partying until it's done.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two replies on a gun forum and not a bit of excitement that we did get some advancement in gun rights. Some times you gotta take a win when you can.
View Quote

I'll celebrate when it's actually signed into law, not before.  

Most people are probably at work right now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Reciprocity too.
View Quote

Hmm, never thought about that aspect of it. I wonder how other states have handled this.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Don’t hold me to it, but the way I understand it, permits will not go away for the purpose of reciprocity with other states. Not sure how other Constitutional carry states would handle it. I will keep and continue to have a permit solely to make purchasing easier.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Good job guys getting this done.  Texas had CC passed last year, mainly through the efforts of individual gun owners who called, emailed, and spoke at various Legislative hearings.

In Texas, there's no change to the existing permit system from CC - and  I would expect the same thing in GA.  If you already haver a permit, it's handy to keep for out of state carry, no call in required when buying from a dealer, and as another form of government issued ID when you need two of them.

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
So far, Kemp has tweeted that he congratulates them on passing the bill in the Senate and that he "looks forward to signing it" and yet, he's still not signed it.  Don't celebrate just yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, take the win.  As for the GWL, you will want one for reciprocity with other states, fast gun purchase background check, and as a "courtesy" card to flash when you have to show a LEO your driver's license.  That last one is just a "de-escalate" gesture during a traffic stop when there may be stress and the po-po is trying to determine who the good guys are...

And I'll still want to see one when I do a FTF gun deal. You may feel differently about that but I'd just as soon not make it any easier for one of mine to end up in some a**hole's hand.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Although the primary purpose for a carry permit might be mooted by the new law (if signed); the collateral benefits of the permit are worth the hassle.

I know guys now who are authorized to carry without a permit (LEOs, Prosecutors, Judges), but still have one.

In true arf tradition, when confronted with the question of Constitutional carry or get a permit?  The answer is:  Get both.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don’t hold me to it, but the way I understand it, permits will not go away for the purpose of reciprocity with other states. Not sure how other Constitutional carry states would handle it. I will keep and continue to have a permit solely to make purchasing easier.
View Quote

Same here, and I have to have one for my job

I dont trust Kemp to not screw us at the last minute...........
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Although the primary purpose for a carry permit might be mooted by the new law (if signed); the collateral benefits of the permit are worth the hassle.

I know guys now who are authorized to carry without a permit (LEOs, Prosecutors, Judges), but still have one.

In true arf tradition, when confronted with the question of Constitutional carry or get a permit?  The answer is:  Get both.  
View Quote

Back in my youth, before I was 21, I carried pursuant to OCGA §16-11-130(c).  Persons in the military service of the state or United States. The State Attorney General issued an opinion that the statute did not specify ". . . While in the course of offical duties," so it applied to any military member on or off duty. Until I was 21, then had a CCW delivered to my unit by way of the commander's support staff. Because nearly every cop in the state didn't know of the case law and statutory exemption.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't hold me to it, but the way I understand it, permits will not go away for the purpose of reciprocity with other states. Not sure how other Constitutional carry states would handle it. I will keep and continue to have a permit solely to make purchasing
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hmm, never thought about that aspect of it. I wonder how other states have handled this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reciprocity too.

Idaho has both...actually, Idaho has three arrangements--Constitutional, regular permit, and enhanced permit: the latter has a stronger training requirement and is honored in some states that will not accept the regular permit.
https://handgunlaw.us/states/idaho.pdf
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The state awarded me my "rights"? How lucky.

The "right" to self defense isn't something the state can give or take away. It's a God given right straight from the Constitution.

Fuck alligator Kemp. I'll vote for gap tooth before I cast one for Kemp. Let's get the party started.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The "right" to self defense isn't something the state can give or take away. It's a God given right straight from the Constitution.

Fuck alligator Kemp. I'll vote for gap tooth before I cast one for Kemp. Let's get the party started.
View Quote

You should be ashamed of yourself but you liberals never are
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Idaho has both...actually, Idaho has three arrangements--Constitutional, regular permit, and enhanced permit: the latter has a stronger training requirement and is honored in some states that will not accept the regular permit.
https://handgunlaw.us/states/idaho.pdf
View Quote

I’d be fine with a system like that here.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I totally get your contempt for Kemp, voting democrat is tantamount to treason at this point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh look, another dumb. The same people who gave the Senate to the Democrats because their liar Loon Wood told them too.

So now, only Manchin and Sinema stand between us and permanent Democrat rule.

Then these same clowns cry "WHY DONT DA PUBLICNS DO ANYTWING!!!"
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah- fuck Kemp for sure but voting for Abrams is not the answer
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe I spoke in the heat of the moment, I'd never pull a lever, or in this case touch the screen, for ol gap tooth carpetbagger. Or any commie for that matter.

But I damn sure won't for Kemp, either.

He sat silently as the Georgia presidential election was stolen. Not a fucking peep. Tried to defer all blame on Ratzwhoever.

Now he wants to be the hero for giving us a "right" which he never possessed, months before an election.

Carrot/stick. This is a swamp critter Trump has been talking about. Wise up.

As for the lady calling me a liberal, you don't know me from Adam, and I suspect you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground either.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Boy we love eating our own in here don't we?

Anyhow, glad CC has passed.  Wish we had more restrictions removed from off limits, ie church carry.

As far as Kemp, I will vote against him in the primary.  I will vote whichever candidate is against Abrams in the general.  Would not even consider voting for her even to watch the world burn.

Not voting for Ratzenbooger either way.  Fuck that guy totally.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
As for the lady calling me a liberal, you don't know me from Adam, and I suspect you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground either.
View Quote

Since I'm the only lady who responded to you, I assume you meant me.  Nobody called you a liberal.  Maybe you should re-read everything when you're not so angry.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Since I'm the only lady who responded to you, I assume you meant me.  Nobody called you a liberal.  Maybe you should re-read everything when you're not so angry.

Not trying to intercede as a refereee, but you are both incorrect.  Someone did call Mr. HangfiresGhost a liberal, but it wasn't our lady, Ms. Brandi.  

You may now resume.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#30]
OP requested
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top