Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2022 3:37:55 PM EDT
I’ve been offered a good job opportunity in Asheville but I need to consider the cost of housing and drive time before I just up and relocate my family. I’ve notice the Asheville housing market is just as crazy as it is anywhere else in the country.

What are some good areas outside of Asheville to live? Looking to be about 30 to 45 min outside of Asheville. I also have 3 kids so the school district is important as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to PM this Guy before you decide to move.

Asheville is the Hippy Utopia of the East Coast, so I've heard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I live nearby and work in Asheville. Prices are insane.

Shoot me an email if you have specific questions and I will answer as best I can.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in a neighboring county; our housing prices rose 15%+ last year and according to a real estate show I listen to weekly the realty/lenders are predicting another 17% increase in value this year. Unfortunately, North Carolina is the 4th fastest growing state in the country. I know several people personally who have sold their homes for what would have been considered impossible prices only two years ago.

P.S. Saw you also asked about traffic, it is getting back to pre China flu levels and its awful especially on Fridays. They are finally widening I-26 after decades of delays by the environmentalists, so once it is complete it will already be insufficient for current levels of traffic. Other than that, it really is a utopia just like San Francisco or whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top