Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 7:32:06 PM EDT
Visiting your state this weekend and was wondering if FL concealed has reciprocity in SC and if there are any different laws compared to Florida. Also any laws about having rifles in my car etc. Thanks for the help fellas.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Visiting your state this weekend and was wondering if FL concealed has reciprocity in SC and if there are any different laws compared to Florida. Also any laws about having rifles in my car etc. Thanks for the help fellas.
View Quote

https://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring enough rifles to share, and we're good, fam.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the biggest differences concerns alcohol consumption. It's not the "where" it's the "how much": NONE.

If you patronize an establishment that serves alcohol and you're carrying you cannot legally drink. In fact, in SC if you carry a gun in public you had better be 100% stone cold sober. If you are involved in a defensive shooting and the result is a death you will be tested for drugs/alcohol. You'll probably be tested for same even if the perp lives.

SC has standardized "no carry" signage which is probably on the SLED link mentioned above.

And you do need to inform LE of your carry status if stopped.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the biggest differences concerns alcohol consumption. It's not the "where" it's the "how much": NONE.

If you patronize an establishment that serves alcohol and you're carrying you cannot legally drink. In fact, in SC if you carry a gun in public you had better be 100% stone cold sober. If you are involved in a defensive shooting and the result is a death you will be tested for drugs/alcohol. You'll probably be tested for same even if the perp lives.

SC has standardized "no carry" signage which is probably on the SLED link mentioned above.

And you do need to inform LE of your carry status if stopped.

View Quote
Thanks for the info. I never fuck around with that anyway.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have a nonresident permit in FL you cannot carry in SC

Must be a resident.

Learned that when I moved from FL to SC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top