Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2024 12:40:17 PM EDT
Looking to get into competitive rifle matches. Is there anything available in WNY/CNY or NW PA? It looks like NY PRS was looking for a new range and hasn't updated their FB page since 2022/23. Can anyone point me int he right direction? Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Sheepdog Academy?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of matches? You mention prs but there is also bullseye national match course stuff, precision 22 rimfire stuff etc. I know the landscape may have vastly changed since I lived there, ( left in 2015) but multiple clubs in the WNY area were shooting reduced distance service rifle type matches ( Attica rod and gun, east aurora fish and game, Niagara county sportsman) and I was a member of blasdell rod and gun and they did rimfire benchrest.

Unfortunately the landscape ( both geographic and political) sort of rules out any real long range stuff

I am into nrl 22 and I think there were a few clubs doing this type of shooting in WNY also
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Rochester Brooks, they are south of Rochester and north of Avon. They have a great facility.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:53:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kzin] [#4]
We shoot CMP and f-class, centerfire and rimfire at GCL in Rochester
GCL and RRC have indoor smallbore

Ontario has action shooting in the 3-gun/IPSC style

Waterloo and Springwater have score bench matches.

Interest in PRS/NRL exists but turnover  in events has been rapid.

I could possibly help more if you specify where you are and what you're most interested in.

eta - if you're most interested in PRS type our f-class matches are still a good basic skills practice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:49:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Berger24] [#5]
It honestly doesn't matter I would do precision .22 / rifle / pistol.  Just looking to get out, have fun, learn more and meet others that are into the stuff as well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Berger24:
It honestly doesn't matter I would do precision .22 / rifle / pistol.  Just looking to get out, have fun, learn more and meet others that are into the stuff as well.
View Quote

The Yates County Sportsmen's Association has American Rimfire Association (ARA) shoots once a month during the summer on the 2nd Saturday. The first one is scheduled for May 11th.

https://www.myyatescountysportsmensassociationinc.com

https://www.americanrimfire.com
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Odessa Conservation Club used to run biweekly or monthly F-class shoots.
I miss that range - cheap annual dues and great facilities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top