Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2020 4:45:21 AM EDT
Comcast is fucked up at my complex.
Verizon is a bit retarded.

Just me or is this a thing because of the 'thing'?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#1]
My Comcast has been much slower than normal, I'm sure the whole neighborhood is streaming netflix all day now. I had to run an Ethernet cord over to my laptop to keep my VPN from crashing constantly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well my Comcast service has been performing through all of this. Started a new job WFH full-time on 3/16 and was having to reset my WiFi router every morning. Upgraded to an eero pro mesh network and it's been 100% reliable ever since, even with family streaming movies all afternoon. Sometimes the problem isn't the network, it's the cheap / out-of-date hardware at the end point.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I switched to Rainier a couple of months ago and don’t regret it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Comcast has been all sorts of fucked up in the Puyallup area for the last couple of days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've a tiny hunch we're heading down the road of being Throttled.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
"We're having trouble connecting to the Internet."

'Check this and that or something else...'
RDK-03033

I went to the website listed and they couldn't hook up with my 'device'...a cellphone through Verizon.
Geez.  Aren't they incestuous already?

I will rightfully demand a discount for services not rendered.
Might have to switch gears soon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
They have both been working fine for me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Our's is still not functional.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
No problem with either for me. Verizon keeps throwing buckets of extra data to my plan too
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BusMaster007:
"We're having trouble connecting to the Internet."

'Check this and that or something else...'
RDK-03033

I went to the website listed and they couldn't hook up with my 'device'...a cellphone through Verizon. 
Geez.  Aren't they incestuous already?

I will rightfully demand a discount for services not rendered. 
Might have to switch gears soon.
View Quote

This is exactly what mine is doing in Redmond.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
We've had zero issues with Comcast (until yesterday), which I attribute to being rural and not having to fight neighbors for bandwidth. But yesterday it was out for most of the day. It was also fairly windy, so that may have had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BusMaster007:
"We're having trouble connecting to the Internet."

'Check this and that or something else...'
RDK-03033

I went to the website listed and they couldn't hook up with my 'device'...a cellphone through Verizon. 
Geez.  Aren't they incestuous already?

I will rightfully demand a discount for services not rendered. 
Might have to switch gears soon.
View Quote

Same intermittent error code for over 2 weeks.  The Comcast morons are just short of useless.  After being on hold for 20 min, then listening to CS running through their script and being put on hold again, I was about done.  I was first told there are no known issues and when I pushed it, they checked "a different place" and "found" that it was a reported issue with no ETA for a resolution.  Useless.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Try only having 7mbit DSL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top