Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2023 11:04:47 AM EDT
Greetings fellow Buckeyes. Long LONG time reader/lurker, occasional poster here. Hoping for some solid advice.

My wife is really wanting to make a trip up to the Columbus zoo. . I see on their website the normal public announcement no guns, no knives, no weapons.

I'm hoping someone here has been there recently and can advise me as I'd almost rather leave my pants in the car than my XDs or PM9. Yes I know concealed means concealed but are there detectors or screening in place to concern with? It's a two+ hour drive up for us and I'm sure a night's stay in/around Columbus. (After living in West Palm Beach for 35 years I had really hoped to never set foot in a city again but...) Perhaps a recommendation on a hotel?

Thanks for any help guys.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Greetings fellow Buckeyes. Long LONG time reader/lurker, occasional poster here. Hoping for some solid advice.

My wife is really wanting to make a trip up to the Columbus zoo. . I see on their website the normal public announcement no guns, no knives, no weapons.

I'm hoping someone here has been there recently and can advise me as I'd almost rather leave my pants in the car than my XDs or PM9. Yes I know concealed means concealed but are there detectors or screening in place to concern with? It's a two+ hour drive up for us and I'm sure a night's stay in/around Columbus. (After living in West Palm Beach for 35 years I had really hoped to never set foot in a city again but...) Perhaps a recommendation on a hotel?

Thanks for any help guys.

View Quote

@docslester  I was there 2 weeks ago.  No security screening at all.  We have passes so we just walk up, they scan our passes & we're in.  I've heard you can easy peasy carry a g19, reload & a backpack with no questions....

For a hotel, look at the one in Bridge Park Dublin, its fancy, but there is some cool stuff around there.   I'd avoid Polaris if you can.

Also, that fact that you only average 30ish post a year is impressive.  That's a morning for me somedays.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@docslester  I was there 2 weeks ago.  No security screening at all.  We have passes so we just walk up, they scan our passes & we're in.  I've heard you can easy peasy carry a g19, reload & a backpack with no questions....

For a hotel, look at the one in Bridge Park Dublin, its fancy, but there is some cool stuff around there.   I'd avoid Polaris if you can.

Also, that fact that you only average 30ish post a year is impressive.  That's a morning for me somedays.
View Quote

This is accurate as far as security goes, I am there several times a year.  As for post counts:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Take my daughter at least monthly to the Columbus Zoo. Always carrying a G19, extra mag, and a knife. Never had a problem. Also haven’t seen a sign blocking carry posted anywhere, of course I am always on my phone looking up the activities for the day. Go, carry, enjoy. It is a nice zoo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Knew this would be the place to ask!

Browse the site a lot but don't post much. And then mostly in Reloading and a bit in GD. A few times here, and ten years ago or so in the Florida Hometown forum when I lived there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
In addition to what others have said, a nice Hawaiian or other type of button-up shirt with a pattern can help make the gun invisible to even the keenest of eyes. Even if I printed a tiny bit while wearing just a T-shirt, my purple Hawaiian makes it go away. This is the one adjustment I make when going into a gunbuster zone. I can carry my PF940v2 or my P365X that way without any printing whatsoever.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I second staying at Bridge Park in Dublin. It’s really cool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I second staying at Bridge Park in Dublin. It’s really cool.
View Quote

I live 1/2 mile from that area. The AC Marriott is very expensive. Check out the North Market. Walk across the ped bridge.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top