Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2022 9:32:37 AM EDT
Unfamiliar with this zoo and wondering who has been there recently

Metal detectors? Bag check? Etc

We are going mid July and would like to hear from anyone who has been there recently as to policy

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
We were there over the winter for wildlights. No metal detectors.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Posted no guns allowed. No bag checks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Went a couple weeks ago. No checks, no detectors, nothing.

“What sign?”

Buy your tickets online, could save you a decent wait if lines are bad. They still moved people pretty quick though, we only waited about 10 minutes to get in.

I was expecting them to have fountains with bottle fillers, and I failed to notice any. Bring water.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We were there over the winter for wildlights. No metal detectors.
View Quote

Quoted:
Posted no guns allowed. No bag checks.
View Quote

Quoted:
Went a couple weeks ago. No checks, no detectors, nothing.

“What sign?”

Buy your tickets online, could save you a decent wait if lines are bad. They still moved people pretty quick though, we only waited about 10 minutes to get in.

I was expecting them to have fountains with bottle fillers, and I failed to notice any. Bring water.
View Quote

Thanks thats what I was wondering

“What sign?”

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Also prepare a lunch/snack. They did have a couple restaurants and snack cart type things open, but lines were ridiculous when we walked by, and I’m sure the prices were even worse.

Anyone been to cincy or indy zoos lately? We need to hit them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also prepare a lunch/snack. They did have a couple restaurants and snack cart type things open, but lines were ridiculous when we walked by, and I’m sure the prices were even worse.

Anyone been to cincy or indy zoos lately? We need to hit them.
View Quote

Thanks, we will be taking our own food and such since we will have a small group and are typically cheap when it comes to buying food at events/places

Interested in cincinatti zoo as well for anyone whos been recently

I can see that being a near future trip as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]
@New2AR15s  I'm just north of the zoo & last time I went a few weeks ago no security or anything checked anything.  I rolled with my 2 kids, stroller, bag under the stroller, backpack on me, & the wife & not a single question.  

Also, concealed means concealed.  please don't be the guy who's pistol grip sticks out from his shirt when carrying at 3 o'clock.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@New2AR15s  I'm just north of the zoo & last time I went a few weeks ago no security or anything checked anything.  I rolled with my 2 kids, stroller, bag under the stroller, backpack on me, & the wife & not a single question.  

Also, concealed means concealed.  please don't be the guy who's pistol grip sticks out from his shirt when carrying at 3 o'clock.
View Quote

Agreed, Im pretty anal about this so I really only carry a p365 especially if the area is less than friendly
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top