Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2022 7:11:31 AM EDT
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/columbus-reveals-scheme-regulate-guns-through-board-health

On May 17, 2022, during an online meeting of the Columbus Board of Health, Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein and Solicitor General Rich Coglianese presented a scheme to regulate guns through health orders.

You can watch the meeting video for yourself here, courtesy of ABC 6. Klein's comments start at about 31 minutes, Coglianese's at about 37 minutes.
Klein bemoans that Ohio cities are unable to regulate guns because of the state's "preemption" law, and he admits that the goal is to look for loopholes and exceptions. He also says that because Mayor Ginther has declared gun violence a "public health crisis," they now have an opportunity to "act."

Klein then introduces Solicitor General Rich Coglianese to explain their legal argument. According to Coglianese, there is a loophole in Ohio law which can be exploited by the Columbus Board of Health to regulate guns as a public "nuisance."
View Quote

More at the link
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Does that mean we can regulate Democrats as a "public nuisance"?

Career criminals? (but I repeat myself)
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Regulate how? Not like they punish anyone for breaking the current laws on the books. Are they going to make them extra double illegal-er?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
OMG, the channel 6 article pulled an "H&K":

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
How are they going to enforce it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope this obvious attempt to get around the pesky constitution is knocked down by the OH Supreme Court again.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
tyrants are a threat to our health...
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMG, the channel 6 article pulled an "H&K":

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51268/wtf_PNG-2410218.JPG
View Quote

I’m not going to watch a video where the round is backwards in the mag…
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does that mean we can regulate Democrats as a "public nuisance health hazard"?

Career criminals? (but I repeat myself)
View Quote
Fixed
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top